WHAT DID YOU HAVE FOR DINNER!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheryl, that sounds good! I made stir fry. I liked it but Paul didn't really, even though I've made the exact recipe 4 or 5 times over the past couple years!

SnowyShiloh..it was yummy....i never used to like parmesan cheese once....i remember when i was a teenager and my friend Leesa always had parmesan cheese on her spaghetti and i always thought it was discusting....but now..i absolutely love it!....after i have cooked the chicken i always sprinkle more on top while the chicken is still hot.

I had an order of Chips 'n' Guac from Chipotle. I had the same thing for lunch. LOL.

Will probably have a snack later. Or at least a couple of Tim Tams.

That chicken does sound yummy Cheryl! I'm going to have to try it. We had a big salad and something we love (or I do lol) I take a tortilla, and put some shredded mozzarella on it, then I put another tortilla on top and put some green salsa on it, lots of mozzarella on that, and I cook it in the oven at 425 F until the cheese gets bubbly and brown.... we eat it with sour cream. It's so simple, but I love it.

trailsend wrote:
That chicken does sound yummy Cheryl! I'm going to have to try it. We had a big salad and something we love (or I do lol) I take a tortilla, and put some shredded mozzarella on it, then I put another tortilla on top and put some green salsa on it, lots of mozzarella on that, and I cook it in the oven at 425 F until the cheese gets bubbly and brown.... we eat it with sour cream. It's so simple, but I love it.

Yes you gotta try it Donna it's yummy...well i think so anyway....i make my own chicken nuggets like that as well..just cut the chicken up into bite size pieces....great little snack as well.

I also love double dipping as well....get your preferred meat dip it in egg then coat it in breadcrumbs then re dip in egg and re coat in breadcrumbs...tasty!

Donna those tortillas sound like something similar that i make....sometimes i make a sorta pizza thing using tortillas,but i use BBQ sauce on the bottom,then add mozzarella cheese then my toppings that i desire then more cheese on top and a splash of BBQ sauce on top..not to much and then pop it in the oven...oh yum and the best thing is that it's so easy.

I like making chicken nuggets too. We eat them with Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I haven't made them in over a year... I should do that soon!

Tonight we had leftover fajitas with salad. The salad had assorted lettuces, red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrots, mandarin oranges and ginger vinaigrette. Yum!

I finally tried a recipe from a tofu cookbook my SIL gave me last month, and it was AMAZING!

Butternut squash soup, with tofu and red Thai curry. It also had coconut milk to make it feel creamy, and lime juice to make it sour-sweet. Yummy!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Beth, will you share the recipe?
This is from _This Can't Be Tofu!_ by Deborah Madison.

Coconut-Red Curry Soup with Butternut Squash and Lime

1 small butternut squash
4 teaspoons roasted peanut oil
1 cup minced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 slices of fresh ginger
grate zest and juice of 1 large lime
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 to 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
4 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons basil leaves, thinly sliced
one can coconut milk
one 10-ounce box silken tofu or one carton soft tofu, drained
salt

1. Peel the squash with a vegetable peeler, halve and scoop out the seeds, then dice into 1/2-inch cubes. You should have 3 to 4 cups.

2. Warm the oil in a wide soup pot. Add the onion, squash, garlic, ginger, lime zest, and turmeric. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, then add the curry paste.

3. Add 1/2 cup water and scrape the pot to dilute the paste, then add the stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, dice the tofu into small cubes and prepare the cilantro and basil.

4. Add the coconut milk and tofu to the soup. Simmer until the soup is hot again, and the tofu is heated through, about 5 minutes. Taste for salt, adding more if necessary. Add the cilantro and basil, and stir in the lime juice. Serve immediately. (If you plan to serve the soup long after making it, add the cilantro, basil, and lime when you reheat it.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Some notes from me:
Although I really loved this soup, I would not recommend it to anyone who does not like Thai flavors. This soup has a distinctly sweet-sour flavor, plus the curry, garlic, and ginger.
Also, the tofu adds texture, body, and protein. However, if you don't like, or don't have, tofu, it could be left out.

*I didn't have peanut oil, I just used olive oil.
*I used about 1-inch of ginger root, and I sliced it thin, then quartered each slice.
*I used 3 tsp of curry paste, as I like curry to be really spicy. Next time I will probably add 4 tsp. :p
*I don't have any fresh basil, so I just left it out.
*I like cilantro a lot, so I doubled the amount of cilantro I used.

Is no one else eating? :p

I tried another new recipe tonight, from Deborah Madison's _Vegetarian Suppers_.

Sautee a can of drained chickpeas in a drizzle of olive oil with some diced onion and red pepper flakes; add in a big handful of chopped parsley leaves, 2 cloves chopped garlic, and some sage. (The recipe calls for fresh, but I used dried.) Simmer for a bit, adding drained liquid from the chickpeas as needed. After it's hot, add into cooked pasta (3/4 lb dried), and stir in another drizzle of olive oil, and another big handful of chopped parsley, more chipped garlic, and a bit more sage. Serve with shredded Parmesan cheese.

I used a lot of pepper flakes, so it was nice and spicy. Jason even liked it, even though he previously said he doeesn't like chickpeas any way except made into hummus.
Bonus: It was super easy, fast, and inexpensive.

On sunday we made roast beef, mashed potatoes, and carrots. There was lots of roast beef left over and it was a bit tough so the next day I made what we call "beef on a bun". You take the cooked roast beef and put it in a crock pot with 1 1/2 cups beef stock, 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, 1/2 cup white wine(except I used 2TBSP apple cider vinegar instead since I didn't have a wine bottle open)and 1 cup BBQ sauce. Add some sauted sliced onions and set on low all day. Then when you get home its tender, and all fall aparty. Serve on a crusty bun. We also had it with coleslaw.

Then yesterday I made cajun shrimp and mexican rice but added a can of black beans to it too.

Tonight I had a Cheeseburger and onion rings from Dairy Queen as I was driving around. Not exactly on the healthy diet I've been following but it was sure good!

I went to O'Charley's. I'm now fighting off a food coma. I had rolls, french fries, and a Louisiana Sirloin (rare). Erika couldn't look at me eat because she's disgusted by pink meat. She always gets her steaks mutilated and cooked well done. :yuck

Jessyka wrote:
I went to O'Charley's. I'm now fighting off a food coma. I had rolls, french fries, and a Louisiana Sirloin (rare). Erika couldn't look at me eat because she's disgusted by pink meat. She always gets her steaks mutilated and cooked well done. :yuck
I'm exactly the same..i will not eatmeat that is done rarelol...it has to be very,very well cooked or nothing lol

Coniglio, maybe something went bad in it? And Beth, thanks for the recipes! They sound great!

We haven't had dinner yet and I don't know what we may have. Possibilities include acorn squash with baked beans in the center (it's good, I promise) or... uh. Something else?

I"m making Red thai curry tonight with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, cauliflower and zuchini served over brown rice.

Yesterday I was having a crappy day so we ordered from our fav. vietnamese place. I had black bean rib stew(more of a soup served over rice noodles).

This weekend I'm thinking I might tackle some baking. I hate baking but thought I should atleast have a few cookies around for when guest come over during the holidays. Any suggestions for good and easy holiday treats?

Last night we had spaghetti. The noodles were whole wheat. I wasn't sure if Paul would like them, but he did! Hooray! I'm trying to have us eat more whole grains.

Latest posts

Back