What colour is my lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
I don't know if i'm posting it in the right chat but since there's breeders here they ought to know, right?
Storm is my young male purebreed lop that i got from a responsible breeder. He's turned 4months old and weighed 3.5kg on friday.
He seems to be a broken patterned bun but i have no idea what "official" colour he is. He has white on his underside, a bit on his back and face as well. Other than that he's mostly darker grey with some brownish accents.
It might be that he's shedding his baby fur and/or moulting but i think that this is his permanent coat coloring as his new undercoat is the same colour as his upper one.
I'm sorry beforehand, i have almost no idea(besides common sense) on how to post clear, evaluatable pictures.
I hope these will be clear enough!
20200615_111714.jpg20200614_204104.jpg20200615_111550.jpg

Thanks! Are those brownish strands that make his coat "gold-tipped"? Is it the darkness of the grey that makes the coat "black steel"?
Just curious!

Steel means that the end of the fur is tipped with a different color. It can either be gold-tipped, or silver-tipped. Black is for the base color (black, blue, chocolate, or lilac are the most common ones)

Latest posts

Back