What color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
Baby Holland Lops, out of my Sable Point Doe, and my broken blue buck.

I wanted to say they were broken blue torts , . . but they don't look right for broken blue torts

IMGP0669.jpg

IMGP0670.jpg

IMGP0671.jpg

IMGP0674.jpg

IMGP0675.jpg

IMGP0677.jpg

But they also look like dark sable points as well. Mom is a darker sable point .

help? I think i'm going to go back to torts and blacks easier to tell the colors

To me they look like broken torts (black) - mama would have to carry dilute for them to be broken blue torts and they don't look light enough.

With tort there is that "rufus" factor which can make some look darker and others look lighter or more reddish. Really hard to explain as I don't fully understand but its funny how I can put two torts side by side and one will seem more reddish and the other one more brownish and yet they might be littermates!

Well I know the buck carriers dilute, and she must. her last litter she was bred to a blue tort buck and she threw very dark blue torts, but the buck was also a dark blue tort. she's a dark sable point.

I'm uploading a picture of momma. I had her father for a while before I sold him on, and he was a super light sable point, he almost looked himi. I have a different daughter(Firecracker) out of her mother(and a broken blue) that's a VC broken black.

With speedle, and Firecracker, their father-ROcket is the VC carrier. ROcket is out of a broken black and a BEW. SO I know there's dilute behind him. Speedle's thrown a dilute or Frosty, not sure which with my solid black doe.

Here's momma:

P3050020.jpg

Picture is from before she's blown coat, she's starting to blow coat with this litter still in the nest box so I'm hoping her coat will go back to the nice even coloring it used to be.

Sorry, I hope I didn't confuse anyone

Just because both parents carry dilute - does not mean that the babies will show it.

Remember - the baby must get a dilute gene from EACH parent in order to look blue (dilute).

So it would still be possible for her to have black torts...

TinysMom wrote:
Just because both parents carry dilute - does not mean that the babies will show it.

Remember - the baby must get a dilute gene from EACH parent in order to look blue (dilute).

So it would still be possible for her to have black torts...

I do understand they could be black torts, but they aren't black tort, I've seen a lot of black torts, some dark ones and some that are lighter, but these little ones are not black torts.

Could they be broken Sable Points, just dark like their mother?

This is a baby(below) that folks here, and RTIO both thought was a black tort as did I. I've seen her recently and she's a dark blue tort now, hence why I was asking ifthese guys were blue torts or sable points.

P4230042.jpg

P4230046.jpg

This is a broken sable baby I had in a little a long time ago, but he came out a very light Sable point:

P7280042-1.jpg

Sorry if I'm coming across harsh I just need a little guidance to properly color these babies for my book keeping, I'm attempting to do a much better job.

Well - they could be broken siamese sable - I don't see them as being broken sable points - they seem too dark for that.

I'm going to PM Pam Nock and ask her to take a look at this thread.

:D

P4230042.jpg

In this photo, the bunny appears to have brown eyes. A blue tort would have blue gray eyes - appears to be a black tort to me. The color of black torts can vary widely.

They look like broken sable points from the head shots. Ive saw babies this iky broken brown grey color and once their 6 weeks they are odviously broken sable points. Their fur is changing so much right now I would just wait another week or two before deciding.

Latest posts

Back