What color?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
Okay, I have this mini rex doe, she's been called so many different colors on the different rabbit forums that I've given up she's a white pointed chinchilla. He rmother is a tri her daddy was a broken black otter(Oreo's daughter Kelly)

I bred her to my Opal buck(he's otu of a black otter doeby an opal buckwith otter background)

She gave me 6 beautiful babies, 1 solid opal, 1 broken castor(hair under colored), 2 broken black otters(made me think of Oreo there). Blue otter- has been called blue silver marten as well. but they're only 4 weeks old so their tan may not have come in as of yet.

the last I've been told black otter, black silver marten and black chinchilla.

What do you all think??

4 weeks old in these pictures:

IMGP0617.jpg

P5090054.jpg

P5090050.jpg

These oddball colors that i've been pulling have driven me crazy, hence why i'm selling out of my mini rex. at least with the red new zealands i don't have too much worry about what color is this kit

Looks like a black silver marten or very dark chinchilla. What does the undercolor look like? I don't think it's a black otter (doesn't appear to have any orange trim anywhere).

It's sadly not a color period. It's giving a good shot at being a chin, but it lacks band definition over the saddle loin. Basically it's a silver tipped steel (ticked variety) over the back, and a chin (banded variety) everywhere else. :( It happens, especially when you're crossing banded and wide band rabbits, don't be discouraged. Just one of those things that happens, he'll make a cute pet or breed him in for his good points and cull really hard.

he's gaining more banding and coloration over his back, his belly just reminded me of an otter- his face had when he was a week old, but it's been steadily lightening. SOmeone told me that the baby fur would shed out to Chinchilla hair as he grew older. I'm just trying to figure out what color he is. Since no one's quite sure what color momma is.

I'll have to get new pictures of him tomorrow, especially his belly, it's a very light gray to almost white in color. gray triangle on the back of his neck.

Latest posts

Back