what color should I paint my room?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
My bed set (headboard, dresser and nightstand) is all a light birch.
These aren't pictures of my stuff, just the color (I found these pictures on google)
This color ;
light-birch-100_300.jpg

My makeup vanity is a dark brown wood
This color ;
SW908AD.jpg&t=1

Also, if it helps I have a pink comforter for my bed, which has metallic stripes of different colors going down it.
I also have a blue one, with white and brown big dots.
Ty!

Brandy456 wrote:
My bed set (headboard, dresser and nightstand) is all a light birch.
These aren't pictures of my stuff, just the color (I found these pictures on google)
This color ;
light-birch-100_300.jpg

My makeup vanity is a dark brown wood
This color ;
2DarkWalnut.jpg

Also, if it helps I have a pink comforter for my bed, which has metallic stripes of different colors going down it.
I also have a blue one, with white and brown big dots.
Ty!

I think a nice old green would work with the lighter wood and pink. I cannot see the vanity or other pic though. You could also stick to neutrals like a beige or sand, tan, etc. and just accent with color instead.

I'm 21 and my room is grape green. That is what the name was and that is the color it looks like. I really like it. My parents don't, lol. So I don't think it would look too babyish.
grape_green.jpg

Aina, i had that color in my old bedroom.. and that is what turned me off of the light greens. Since my bedding is girly and teenagerish, it made it look super young.

Nela, I LOVE that color.

I like something along the line of the "Apple Orchard" color from the link you posted. It doesn't seen to light or too dark. Keep in mind that if you paint your room a dark color the room will seem dark all of the time, even with the lights on.

never let parents paint and style your room >.< lol. your their kid and will always view you as a kid. i went up north to visit my boyfriend and my mom calls my cell, saying "i know you said you wanted to change your bedroom set, so we're going out to get you a new set. is there anything you want anything specific?" i was stupid and said "surprise me" and came home to find that my golden/tan room was painted bright yellow with ponies on it and a princess bed and a princess style vanity with kids style make-up (the impossible make-up that makes you look like a clown, prolly for Halloween..).... i was 19 and my parents thought that was OK o_O i thought it was a joke, but they weren't kidding. i nearly cried. all well, i was only there for a few more months before i moved in with my boyfriend. and turns out they went ahead and re painted and everything after i left...

did i mention that they set up a barbie collection? the new years barbies. they got one for me every year, still do, and they set it up around my room on shelves... yup, it all almost made me cry..

as for color to paint your room, try a moss green. my grans house burnt and when we did the remodeling, i picked it out at random, and it actually looked really good with the browns and burgundy's of the furniture.

Glad you loved the color. That color works with many colors. Browns, beige, white, cream, pink, blue, etc :biggrin2:

(It's actually quite similar to the colors I have going here now that I think of it :p)

It's really important that you don't go too dark cause that can really make it sombre and small. If your room is small, you can make an accent wall in a color of choice and use a neutral (or lighter shade)color on the others as well :biggrin2:

Some people like bright and vibrant. I do as well but I usually like my bedroom colors to be softer :)It all depends on what mood you want to give it. You could play it up or play it down when you have a softer color by using accessories that either blend in or pop out.

Latest posts

Back