What color of kits will I get? (Lionheads)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khloe

Reaction score
So I have a doe ( not sure on what color, looks like a chinchilla) I also have two bucks. One is a Siamese sable and then the other is a sable point. I am deciding which one to breed with her. Any help is appreciated. I would love to know what one would produce a wide variety of colors and what coat colors I would get with them. Thank you for your time.IMG_20180511_182320_836.jpg IMG_20180511_182336_919.jpg IMG_20180604_164030.jpg IMG_20180604_164117.jpg

Hi Khloe, I am not able to help with your question but I just wanted to tell you how gorgeous your buns are. My granddaughter has a little black lion head and she is so precious. I have only one and she is a mini lop. Good luck with your breeding, I am sure your will get some beautiful little ones.

oh my! they are gorgeous! I love the last photo - he looks beautiful! I wouldn't be able to tell what the offspring will be like until you know more about genetic background of the mum and dad and family history.

Thank you I have their pedigrees i will have to take a look.

I'm guessing the offspring will look like either of the parents, not a lot of mix in colours. If the females colour is dominant then they will mostly look like her. Just like vienna mark and solid, all my offspring from solid mum will always be solid because she doesn't have vienna in her genetic line. Its always a lot of fun and interest to see what different parents come up with! rabbits will always be cute though whatever they look like...:D;)

Thank you guys for all your help.

Latest posts

Back