What color of Holland Lops do I have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mallyn

Reaction score
Hello! I’m a new rabbit owner. I have a 11 week old buck and 10 week old doe. I’ve attached photos of my rabbits to find out if their coloring (I think a chocolate doe and broken-lilac buck— from what I was told) is accurate. They have blue (buck) and blue/gray (doe) eyes. I’m just wondering for my own curiosity. The “broken lilac” coloring of my buck looks so similar to the chocolate. Anyway, thanks for any help.
04C4520E-4391-4696-A63E-C5EA1152C447.jpeg9ECDC09B-F2AA-4358-A721-2417ECBE67EA.jpeg9168E553-D324-444F-819E-9D17AAD68A3A.jpeg962BE37F-D4B3-441A-B9FC-BA1D5995B8C5.jpeg

Hello! I’m a new rabbit owner. I have a 11 week old buck and 10 week old doe. I’ve attached photos of my rabbits to find out if their coloring (I think a chocolate doe and broken-lilac buck— from what I was told) is accurate. They have blue (buck) and blue/gray (doe) eyes. I’m just wondering for my own curiosity. The “broken lilac” coloring of my buck looks so similar to the chocolate. Anyway, thanks for any help.
View attachment 49087View attachment 49088View attachment 49089View attachment 49090
The doe almost appears like it’s a blue, not a chocolate but it could be because she is still young. My bunny didn’t grown into her colors fully until she was 1 1/2ish. I definitely think the buck is broken lilac though. (Side note: I hope they are already fixed unless you are planning for many babies😬😂)

View attachment 49087View attachment 49088View attachment 49089View attachment 49090
Adorable!! To me, it looks like a broken chocolate vienna marked buck. It looks a little too chocolate for a lilac, but it could be the lighting. I agree the female looks like a solid chocolate (possible vienna carrier, if she is from the same litter).

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

I personally never say buck and doe since it sounds more like you are a professional breeder.
If they are 10 and 11 weeks old they are not from the same litter perhaps but looks like they could be related somehow?

Anyway, 10-11 weeks is time to separate them asap to avoid early pregnancy, even if you have intentions to breed them it's way too early for her to have babies and this could happen really quickly so better safe than sorry.

Looks like you have some Vienna marked rabbits. I’ve got a Vienna marked Holland lop doe too. I love the blue eyes!

I do not now what color your rabbit is but she is adorable. 🥰🥰🥰

Latest posts

Back