What breeds our my rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caitlint770

Reaction score
So i have an idea of what they may be but i wanted to see some other opinions!

Bella- shes the grey one with helicopter ears. I think she is a dwarf mixed chinchilla lop (based on her coloring and ears).

George- hes the white one with tanned spots. Im like 99% sure hes a netherlands dwarf bunny (his ears, eyes, and height are a definite giveaway), but im wondering if hes a mix of another breed too based on his coloring?

Attachments

• 20200614_104029.jpg
    20200614_104029.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200620_092939_636.jpg
    IMG_20200620_092939_636.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi, they are lovely rabbits, Bella my fav she's just gorgeous! They both are cool, however I wouldn't say George looks like a Netherland dwarf, his ears are too long and his head is different shape so he looks more like a dwarf mix to me. Bella can be mini lop mix, I have a same rabbit but not silver he's more brown, I think they call it chestnut, he is full mini lop (I think) and also very pretty. I have to take a pic of him.
Hopefully @SableSteel will see your question she knows everything about breeds

The one on the left looks like he could be a lop mix, probably holland lop mix. The color is chinchilla, but not the breed; the breed chinchilla is quite rare, and holland lops come in chinchilla color so that could be where it gets the color. I'm not seeing much dwarf in the second one (the color is called broken orange, or charlie orange, btw). Netherland dwarfs have smaller ears and a rounder head. If you did say the rabbit was small I could see it maybe being a dwarf mix, but not a full dwarf.

Latest posts

Back