What breeds are we?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
my friend got two new buns, but they're adult(female) re-homes and we can't figure out their breeds! ETA: they're both around 5 pounds:)

we think this one is a mini-lop or a mini mix(color?)--

Michaelaspics695.jpg

this one almost looks like a hare(the coloring looks chin, there's some rusty color in there too, but it's not agouti):?--

Michaelaspics696.jpg

Michaelaspics697.jpg

and together--

untitled1.jpg

Michaelaspics694.jpg

Michaelaspics693.jpg

thanks!

Their color is Sable Chinchilla, I know that because I have had a few. Without their weight I can not say if they are Holland Lops or Mini Lops. They look more like pet typed Holland Lops but they may be mixed with mini Lops.

bunnybunbunb wrote:
Their color is Sable Chinchilla, I know that because I have had a few. Without their weight I can not say if they are Holland Lops or Mini Lops. They look more like pet typed Holland Lops but they may be mixed with mini Lops.
ugh, i can't believe i spaced on weight! i edited it in, they're both around 5 pounds and over 6 months old;)

Well that leaves more possibilities then. They are probably from a pet breeder so I say most likely long and big Holland Lops but they may be Holland Lop/Mini Lop mixes. They could be Mini Lops but most pet breeders do not do Mini Lops due to their bigger size - less desireable in the market they are in. My guess is Holland Lops.

bunniekrissy wrote:
They look like Mini Lops to me, though they may not necessarily be purebred.
That is what they both look like to me, mini lops. I agree that they may not be purebred mini lops.

I don't think they are Mini Lops OR Holland Lops, they just look very mixed to me. :)

The broken looks blue tort to me. The other is an agouti of some type...I can't tell from the pictures which color specifically.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
The broken looks blue tort to me.

You're right, the broken does look blue tort. That's what I thought at first...I think she is a blue tort, not a Sable Chin.

Emily

OH, when I first read your post, I thought you meant the solid was a sable chin!

The first bun (the broken) is definitely not a sable chin, or any agouti for that matter. He looks like a shaded to me since he has no ticking, no eye circles, no white on the inside of the ears, etc. No indications of being agouti.;)It's a little tough to see their color, huh?

The solid is definitely an agouti of some kind...he's the one I'm just not sure about. I though he's the one you were calling a sable chin. I don't think he's sable chin, but it's possible he's a chin of some sort. I'm not really all too familiar with agoutis to decide for sure.

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
The broken looks blue tort to me.

You're right, the broken does look blue tort. That's what I thought at first...I think she is a blue tort, not a Sable Chin.

Emily

OH, when I first read your post, I thought you meant the solid was a sable chin!

The first bun (the broken) is definitely not a sable chin, or any agouti for that matter. He looks like a shaded to me since he has no ticking, no eye circles, no white on the inside of the ears, etc. No indications of being agouti.;)It's a little tough to see their color, huh?

The solid is definitely an agouti of some kind...he's the one I'm just not sure about. I though he's the one you were calling a sable chin. I don't think he's sable chin, but it's possible he's a chin of some sort. I'm not really all too familiar with agoutis to decide for sure.

I was only calling the solid a Sable Chin. because that's what Bunnybunbunb said she was. I don't even know what sable chin looks like lol.

The broken does have eye circles, but yeah defnitely not an agouti. The broken looks like a Blue Tort.

Solid looks like some sort of agouti...hmm I wonder if there's a Chinchilla Agouti? Don't think so, but that's almost what she looks like.

Emily

I had a rabbit the same color as the broken, he was an agouti and so is that bunny. Look at the coloring on the ears and back. Maybe it would help if I explained how the shaft was of mine :p He was totally white half way up then depending on if the hair was on the face/ears or body there was a band of cream and then white tipping, or it was white 3/4th the way up and then a cream tipping on the end. He gave agoutis(chin and sable chin) with non-agouti rabbits as well as shades, dilutes and frosties. I thought he was a frosted pearl for so long but we kind of decided against it.

Shall I post a picture?

Edit:
zandchess014.jpg

He is darker in this picture than most, it was due to the camera I had then. I wish I had some other pictures of him on this computer, he was my big snuggle bear. Remember, he was really not that dark :twitch:

bunnybunbunb wrote:
I had a rabbit the same color as the broken, he was an agouti and so is that bunny.
The broken bunny in question here is not an agouti. Like I said, he is definitely a shaded and looks blue tort at that. The pictures are a little fuzzy and diluted, so that is the only reason I'm not claiming the exact tort color 100%. But he's for sure not agouti.;)

BlueSky- I get what you're saying now!:pAlso, by eye circles, I don't mean the coloring that he has around the eye. Agoutis have a white/cream "lacing" on the edge of their ears and around the eye. You're right, he does have eye markings, but that's not quite what I meant by eye circles.;)The terms can be confusing!

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
BlueSky- I get what you're saying now!:pAlso, by eye circles, I don't mean the coloring that he has around the eye. Agoutis have a white/cream "lacing" on the edge of their ears and around the eye. You're right, he does have eye markings, but that's not quite what I meant by eye circles.;)The terms can be confusing!

Gotcha! :) lol. You right, they can be confusing! Oh well, I definitely learned something from that! :)

And yeah, Samantha, the broken definitely is not agouti. No ticking whatsoever.The picture of the rabbit youposted, yes that's an agouti, but the one in question isn't. Do you mean the solid is an agouoti?Because it is - we're just unsure of the color. ;)

Emily

Latest posts

Back