Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LassieBunBun

Reaction score
United States of America, New York state; Upstate
I asked this on binkybunny.com a while ago (near the time I just got them) and on Amino but I didn't get much so maybe someone here might know. I was told that they are littermates but I'm not 100% certain (if you want to know their story let me know). Sorry for the bad pictures, no idea what happened. The brown one is Blossom and the white is Thumper.

Attachments

• 20220505_112734.jpg
    20220505_112734.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220505_112805.jpg
    20220505_112805.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220505_112713.jpg
    20220505_112713.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220505_112832.jpg
    20220505_112832.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 8
I asked this on binkybunny.com a while ago (near the time I just got them) and on Amino but I didn't get much so maybe someone here might know. I was told that they are littermates but I'm not 100% certain (if you want to know their story let me know). Sorry for the bad pictures, no idea what happened. The brown one is Blossom and the white is Thumper.
The white rabbit looks just like my rabbit. It might be a holland lop mix?!

Here are two pictures of my rabbit.

Attachments

• DSCN9394.jpg
    DSCN9394.jpg
    349.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN9024.jpg
    DSCN9024.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 2
The white rabbit looks just like my rabbit. It might be a holland lop mix?!

Here are two pictures of my rabbit.
It could be a mix, buuut not because of the color. The color is called BEW (Blue Eyed White), and I believe that it is fairly common in many breeds. It does kinda look like a Holland or Mini lop mix.

It could be a mix, buuut not because of the color. The color is called BEW (Blue Eyed White), and I believe that it is fairly common in many breeds. It does kinda look like a Holland or Mini lop mix.
Actually his eyes are reddish blue, no flash his eyes are red but when there's a flash his eyes are more blue. Weird I know. And yeah I figure they're some kind of mix since Thumper has lopped ears and Blossom doesn't and were told they're littermates.

That’s a late reply, but I hope I can help. I live in Germany, so breed names and characteristics might be a little bit different and more similar to the British standards. The brown rabbit has the colouring of a Thuringer rabbit, while the white one looks typical to a German Lop. I’m not sure these breeds are recognized in the U.S. though, but they are in Europe.

They do look like mixes rather than a purebreed--all we care is happy and healthy as all of ours are rescues and we didn't know much about their history. One was a "mixed mini male" that was a female, part dwarf and Havana. My favorite from a shelter was an "English spot mix, probably 9 months old. Very skinny and was 7 pounds. 7 months later she was close to 20 pounds and a pure Checkered Giant--unless you "know" the specifics genetics is more like shooting dice and "my crystal ball is in the shop"--our final thought is "Happy and Healthy" as we don't show, just rescue and re-educate some of the ones that learned to "bite".

Could you help me too? What colour is this mini lop? Is IT popular? Is It worth to buy her to my small rabbitry?

Attachments

• received_627157158924147.jpeg
    received_627157158924147.jpeg
    207.4 KB · Views: 0
That’s a late reply, but I hope I can help. I live in Germany, so breed names and characteristics might be a little bit different and more similar to the British standards. The brown rabbit has the colouring of a Thuringer rabbit, while the white one looks typical to a German Lop. I’m not sure these breeds are recognized in the U.S. though, but they are in Europe.
Out of curiosity @Jonas, what standards do you breed to? I'm trying to understand all the different clubs, but I have only ever heard about the ARBA and BRC. Sorry if that's a dumb question!

Out of curiosity @Jonas, what standards do you breed to? I'm trying to understand all the different clubs, but I have only ever heard about the ARBA and BRC. Sorry if that's a dumb question!
I am not a breeder, but I keep rabbits as pets and know a lot about the characteristics of rabbit breeds. I live in Germany, and there are German standards for breeding rabbits, but I usually also refer to the British standards. I’m mainly interested in Holland Lops (Miniature Lops in Britain), Mini Lops (Dwarf Lops in Britain) and Britannia Petite (Polish in Britain).

Latest posts

Back