What Breed Is This Dog?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la~la~land

Reaction score
I went to my local animal shelter today to fill out my papers to become a volunteer. I was looking at the dogs when I saw this little girl. She's gorgeous and so sweet. My dog, a nearly thirteen year old elkhound mix, passed away a few months back and I really miss having a dog. My parents don't want a huge dog and she's listed as a terrier but doesn't look like one to me. What do you think?

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23270748

How old do they say she is? If she's just a puppy, I don't think terrier. More like a sheltie/german shepherd cross or something. Very cute, though!

She looks a bit like a german shepherd, golden retriever mix? I remember a neighbour having a dog that looked exactly the same at this and it was a german shepherd cross golden retriever :)

I agree with shepherd cross of some sort. And to check teeth and paws to estimate age and possible size when full grown.

Cute!

She looks like a hinez 57 Shepard mix. Without a none blurry picture or a look at her siblings it would be hard to tell.

Without knowing current age It's hard to guess how big she'll be. From the extremely limited info I'd give her anywhere from 50 to 75 pounds. I grew up with Danes and am getting a Shiloh shepherd (both well over a 110lbs) so to me that'd be a medium dog. The size of a smaller golden female.

la~la~land wrote:
Thanks :) a medium sized dog was what I was hoping for. I'll ask about get some more when I go to volunteer.

You do realize that she will probably minimally[i/] be the same size as your Elk Hound, if not larger, correct? If your parents considered that a large dog, I might reconsider.

Latest posts

Back