What breed is this bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cute Alice bunnies

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what breed my little bunny is...
I know she’s got some Dutch in her blood lines but where did the spots come from? (Her dad was almost exactly like her)
She is a small/medium sized rabbit (about the size of a Dutch)
Does anybody have an idea?

Attachments

• 7EA43154-E613-4F39-8749-F2439450FFBE.jpeg
    7EA43154-E613-4F39-8749-F2439450FFBE.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 13
  • 6228EC9B-1FC9-4BB3-B806-452E0E710B8E.jpeg
    6228EC9B-1FC9-4BB3-B806-452E0E710B8E.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 13
She looks a very mixed rabbit. The spots I think are from an English or perhaps even a hotot, either one of those markings-wise. I don't see Dutch in her at all! She's a little more compact than a Dutch, before I read it and I just saw photos I thought it was a Mini Rex! If you've been told she's got Dutch in her, they were probably generations before her as personally I can't fully work out what she is apart from the markings. By the looks of her coat I think of an English as well, so I'd say majority of her is Dutch but some of it I just can't quite work out...
If you had photos of the parents, or you'd be able to find a photo of what the parents were like, I may be able to help more :)
~ Ellie

I think it looks like it has some polish. So, I'm going to say Polish/ Dutch mix. English spots are a much larger breed and a lot of people say that if a rabbit has spots it must be an English spot or a mix of it, not true, Spots also have a completely different body type and are actually not that common. This rabbit is way to compact to not be mixed with something smaller. I'd say smallness from Polish and Long ears and fur from Dutch. Definitely not a mini rex, fur is all wrong.

Mother is California (maybe mixed too?) and dad is on the second picture that I showed you

Here is the mom:

Attachments

• A41EA647-0AEF-425F-B840-2E00A111A88A.jpeg
    A41EA647-0AEF-425F-B840-2E00A111A88A.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
I’m pretty sure one of the parents has Dutch in them as you can see the babies in the last picture (it’s the litter of my bunny that is on the picture)

Maybe dad is Polish x Dutch and mom is California?
(I’m 100% sure one of the parents has Dutch cause I own a “cousin” of her and both of her parents looks like 100% Dutch, and one of them is sister or brother of one of the parents of my other bunny)

Latest posts

Back