What breed is she?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Licorice

Reaction score
This is my baby Licorice. I got her from my aunt, and I don’t know what breed she is. Please help thank you so much!

Attachments

• 8C04B841-C10F-4600-A1B6-E19F375240B0.jpeg
    8C04B841-C10F-4600-A1B6-E19F375240B0.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 20
Thank you so much! And it is a type of wood shaving I forget the kind of wood but it’s not toxic. What kind of bedding do you suggest I use, because I want the best for my bunnies. I’ve been using this for about a year now with my two bunnies and they’ve been very healthy, but if there’s a better one please let me know. Thanks again!

If you are using kiln-dried pine shavings, those are fine. The kiln drying removes the harmful phenols.

Personally, I don't care for shavings because I think they make such a mess. I can't imagine how they may get caught in bunny fur - especially the long mane. Most of us have a different housing set up that does not include loose bedding over the whole cage floor. The only place there is loose bedding is in a litter box. Having the bedding only in the box make clean up much easier. Having bedding elsewhere only confuses bunny as to where to potty.

Take a look at this thread here on RO to see how others house their rabbits.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/2019-cages-add-your-photo.93422/

On another note, I can't be sure in your photo, but it appears that the food bowl has pieces of corn mixed in? Is that one of those "gourmet" pellet foods? If so, those aren't healthy. The hulls of corn are actually indigestible to rabbits. Check here for healthy pellet guidance.

Oh wow thank you so much! If you don’t mind could u send me a picture of your rabbit set up and food and all that so I can know what all to do. If not it’s okay but it would really help. Thank you!!

The link when you click on the green word "here" (in my prior post) goes to my website. It shows pellet options. I happen to use the first one pictured (Sherwood) which is only available online. But the others are also acceptable and are available at Petsmart and Petco.

As for my set-up, I've had many over the years. Some of them are pictured on my website. You can browse around there. I'm afraid my site isn't super great on its mobile version. If you can view it on a laptop, it's much easier to view.

My current cage may not be easy to duplicate since it was made from an old oven cabinet.
Please note: this cage is open all day long, every day. Otherwise I would consider it too small.
upload_2019-3-6_11-48-18.png

Here is a different option for a rabbit cage which is easy to duplicate.
upload_2019-3-6_12-13-36.png

Thank you so much! Your bun buns are so beautiful! I really appreciate you taking your time to help me out with this it means so much!

Latest posts

Back