What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s’moresthebunny123

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I’m interested in knowing what breed my bunny was. Last time we went to the vet (about 6 months to a year ago) he was about 3 lbs and they said he was underweight. Now he’s 4 lbs and I’m not sure if he’s underweight. I also would like to know what his breed is? I think he might be a mix. We got him 7 years ago when he was a baby. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 7
  • C12F185C-FCA7-47EA-9FB7-488C52B6545E.jpeg
    C12F185C-FCA7-47EA-9FB7-488C52B6545E.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 56D0713E-B222-4BD1-855E-FEBC274F427B.jpeg
    56D0713E-B222-4BD1-855E-FEBC274F427B.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6
He's very cute! Give your vet a call and report the weight, they may be able to confirm over the phone or set up a recheck appointment, it's hard to know from pics.

I'm not the most breed savvy, but he looks a little like my bunny, Willa, in shape and pattern, although she's bigger. Maybe a holland lop/mini satin cross? Willa is a Holland lop/standard satin cross.

Attachments

• IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    159.7 KB · Views: 7
He's very cute! Give your vet a call and report the weight, they may be able to confirm over the phone or set up a recheck appointment, it's hard to know from pics.

I'm not the most breed savvy, but he looks a little like my bunny, Willa, in shape and pattern, although she's bigger. Maybe a holland lop/mini satin cross? Willa is a Holland lop/standard satin cross.
Thank you! Willa is adorable. He might be! They do look pretty similar with the patterning. How much does Willa weigh? I’ll call my vet tomorrow when they open back up. Is there any other way I can tell if he’s too skinny, besides weighing him? Thanks!

Willa is a touch chunky and about 7 lbs. The vet should give you an ideal weight. A bony back is a sign of being underweight, but it's hard to tell in an older rabbit. Someone else on here may have a better answer!

He's a mixed breed. Might be part holland lop. He has the coloring, broad face and heavy tipped ears that I see in holland lops a lot

Hes definately got holland lop, face shape, ear shape, and body type are indicators. he may even be all holland - sometimes if they have a tight crown their ears don’t flop over like they’re supposed to . 4lbs is a very typical weight for a holland lop. Colour pattern actually has nothing to do with the breed

Hi everybody. I’m interested in knowing what breed my bunny was. Last time we went to the vet (about 6 months to a year ago) he was about 3 lbs and they said he was underweight. Now he’s 4 lbs and I’m not sure if he’s underweight. I also would like to know what his breed is? I think he might be a mix. We got him 7 years ago when he was a baby. Thanks!
Your bunny is adorable!

I have always been unsure on which breed my rabbit Lucina is. @Mac189 she looks a hole lot like yours! Do you think so? Is she a Holland lop/standard satin cross?? (The guy I got her from said that she was a satin mix.)View attachment 47807View attachment 47808View attachment 47809

That's what Willa is! Yours looks really similar, with the wide muzzle, heavy tipped "butterfly ears! She also has "fun fur" kind of like a satin can that falls neatly back in place after being ruffled. How much does she weigh? Willa's 7 lbs.

Your bunny is absolutely adorable! What's her name?

Attachments

• IMG_1112.PNG
    IMG_1112.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
That's what Willa is! Yours looks really similar, with the wide muzzle, heavy tipped "butterfly ears! She also has "fun fur" kind of like a satin can that falls neatly back in place after being ruffled. How much does she weigh? Willa's 7 lbs.

Your bunny is absolutely adorable! What's her name?

I misread! Lucina is lovely!

Latest posts

Back