What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoria Saunders

Reaction score
Hello. I have used the very interesting thread to help me determine what breed my rabbit is but I’m still not sure. The closest I found was English Spot. I would like to get him insured but they need to know his breed. Can anyone help please?

Sorry, I don’t think my photos uploaded!

Attachments

• 4C71585B-2215-40CC-890E-FD3AFECA2B28.jpeg
    4C71585B-2215-40CC-890E-FD3AFECA2B28.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 47
  • F400F096-6FC6-4053-87C8-B1D8C913EF24.jpeg
    F400F096-6FC6-4053-87C8-B1D8C913EF24.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 65B657C7-948A-471C-98DE-F8953AAB7EC3.jpeg
    65B657C7-948A-471C-98DE-F8953AAB7EC3.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 39
English Spot is commonly attributed to rabbit breeds that are not actually English Spot. The following video shows how easily this is done. I'm no breed expert, but this video should be informative...

Almost looks like a Rhinelander or an English.
I thought he looked more like a Rhinelander, but then I read they’re not too common so thought maybe not. I got him through a friend who works at a vets. She fostered him as the owners weren’t interested anymore. So not sure where he originally came from! Thanks for your help

I thought he looked more like a Rhinelander, but then I read they’re not too common so thought maybe not. I got him through a friend who works at a vets. She fostered him as the owners weren’t interested anymore. So not sure where he originally came from! Thanks for your help
They aren’t common but, who knows maybe you got a special one!

Rhinelanders are very rare. Besides; breed is more than just color. You're in the UK, where (from my understanding) Rhinelanders are even more rare than they are in the US. He's also missing the distinctive side spots of the breed, which, while it does happen, usually is accompanied by otherwise smaller markings as well when it's a purebred.
Without knowing otherwise or having a pedigree, you can only say your rabbit is a mixed breed.

Thank you, very informative! Unfortunately the website I was using for insurance didn’t give me an option for mixed breed. I’ll have to call them! Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge. I appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back