What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaby Gomez

Reaction score
Hey, guys! This is my first post on this forum and I am so excited to join the bunny community!
About a month ago my mother encountered someone who was wanting to re home their bunny. My mom, being the animal lover she is, said yes! Her name is Thelma and she is amazing! I am working with her daily in an attempt to make her more comfortable being handled by people. It would really help to have some insight on her breed.
I'll attach some images. What do you guys think?
This is also the first time I am caring for a bunny. Any tips/advice would be helpful!IMG_2904.JPGIMG_3592.JPGIMG_6703.JPG

She's a mixed breed
The coloring is "torted harlequin"
The longer fur on its head might indicate it has some lionhead on it, but it might also just be longer fur you see sometimes between the ears, so we really can't tell. Thick ears and a full head like she has are most commonly seen in Holland Lops and Netherland Dwarfs, so if I were to guess I'd guess that she was a cross of one of those two.
At this point, it doesn't really matter for her care, I would just consider her a mixed breed.

Thank you so much! I had a feeling she had harlequin coloring, but it didn't look like the ones I have seen. It makes sense to say it's a "torted" pattern. I was beginning to think she was a dwarf, but some of her other features didn't make complete sense. Saying that she is a mixed breed totally does!
Thank you!

Few rabbits are comfortable "being handled by people," so go easy. Too much handling could have the opposite effect and make her shy away from people.

You can check here for tips on bonding with a bunny.

To me, she looks like a Polish crossed with a breed that has harlequin as a variety. I’m going by the type and head shape. NDs have a different head.

Thank you
Very cute. Looks like part Lion and some Nethie.
She is precious! She had kits today (unexpectedly) and I have another post regarding that. I would appreciate it if you would check it out! Especially if you have experience with breeding.
Thank you!

Few rabbits are comfortable "being handled by people," so go easy. Too much handling could have the opposite effect and make her shy away from people.

You can check here for tips on bonding with a bunny.
I will definitely look into it! I have another post that I would appreciate you to read through! Especially if you have experience with breeding,
Thank you!

To me, she looks like a Polish crossed with a breed that has harlequin as a variety. I’m going by the type and head shape. NDs have a different head.
I hadn't considered that breed yet. Thank you for the insight! I also just post another thread related to breeding and kits. Thelma ( whom we rescued) ended up being pregnant and just gave birth to kits. If you have experience with breeding, please check out my last post!
Thank you!

Latest posts

Back