What Breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
Hi my name is Rachel. I have a 1 year old female bunny named Olivia. She used to belong to a friend of mine, but he moved and couldn't have pets. I am unsure of what breed she is and was hoping someone could help. He got her from a pet store and they didnt know what breed she is. I recently had to take her to the Emergency vet because she had a seizure. They also didnt know what kind of rabbit she is. They just couldn't believe how soft she is. She feels like a chinchilla. She is almost 9 pounds. I can't figure out how to post a picture of her on here. She is brown and her eyes look like she has white eyeliner around them. When she stands on all fours she has a high arch to her back. I added some pictures of her to my profile of her. I dont know how to post them on this forum. Please take a look at her and tell me what you think. Thank you so much!

I'm not sure what you meant by "added some pictures to my profile". Your post doesn't show any avatar photo - you have to make sure that the avatar picture is the right size (150 pixels or smaller in height and width).

The easiest way to post photos is to use RO's own picture gallery. You can post larger photos to the gallery, but it's best to keep them under 800 pixels or so. I prefer to post mine at 450-500pixels, to minimize load time. If the pictures are too big you'll have problems uploading - they might not upload at all - and they'll be too large to display comfortably on the web page.

To upload a photo into the gallery, use the "Upload Photos" link. It's on the left sidebar on the home page, or you can find it on your "Menu" toolbar just under the RO banner.

Once you've uploaded a picture, you can insert it into any post by clicking the "G" icon in the message posting tool bar. That will open a window with your gallery. Click on the picture you want to use, and it's inserted.

It's that easy!

It's a wild guess, but at nine pounds, very soft fur, lighter eye rings, it could be that your bun is a standard Rex (or a mix of something else with a Rex). Rex rabbits (and their smaller cousins, mini-Rexes like my Natasha) have fur like velvet. Because the guard hairs and undercoat are the same length, the fur stands up.

One giveaway is that Rexes tend to have curly or kinky whiskers. Does your bunny have long, straight whiskers, or short, kinky ones?

Ok I figured out how to post a picture, and change my avatar. Thank you for your help!!! Heres some pics of olivia

379105_2041569338660_1827142643_1297659_156020614_n.jpg

391843_1985372653778_1827142643_1279788_679910143_n.jpg

393274_1985374053813_1827142643_1279789_578699302_n.jpg

Her whiskers and short, but they arent kinky, theyre straight

She's a castor rex. She looks just like a big version of my Ghirardelli (he's a castor mini rex, 3 pounds).

What a beautiful bun!

Sorry about the seizure. Did they figure out what happened?

Thanks everyone!! I had a bunny when i was little...but he did not feel like her. He was very coarse. I love her. She is such a sweetheart unless I try to cut her nails lol. They have not figured out what caused the seizure. They said they think it might have been stress related because it was only a few days after I got her when it happened. She didnt have an infection and they said it wasnt anything genetic. So I guess from her hour ride here and being in a new environment caused it. But we havent had any problems since. She does have alopecia on her left shoulder. Its a very small area. Any suggestions on how to get her hair to grow back? Thank you all so much for the input, I really appreciate it!!

She's definetely a Rex, you can tell that by her fur.

Beautiful bunny too BTW.

I post pictures by using Photobucket (it's free) and then jusst copy the IMG code to RO.

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back