What breed is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floristhelagomorph

Reaction score
Hi guys! So happy to find a space that is current and active! My bun Floris is a fully free roamed, very loving bun! I was told that he is a "Netherland dwarf X holland lop" but I just don't believe this to be true šŸ¤£ I have had many different thoughts about what he could be. I personally think he may be a multiple cross with otter, and a dwarf breed, possibly Netherlands or Britannia petite. What do you guys think? Would love to hear your thoughts! IMG_20220112_172727.jpgView attachment 58909View attachment 58908

Attachments

• IMG_20220112_172727.jpg
    IMG_20220112_172727.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 3
Welcome to the forum! Such a cute bunny! It would help if we could have some more info about his weight, fur type, size, etc. It doesn't look like he has any holland lop in him, but possibly some Netherland Dwarf.

He is 10 months old and is 2kgs (4 pounds)! His markings definitely stand out as seen in pics but don't meet the typical markings of one specific breed either (his coat/markings, especially that tan triangle is where I have come to the otter conclusion). I thought he was a silver marten X for a while but it seems they don't have the tan and the otters do. He also has one blue eye and the other brown! His fur is short and soft, typical bunny fur! His ears are what get me, they are not tiny like a Netherland dwarfs would be be but not big either - quite fit to his body.

Then he is probably a mix of a ton of breeds. All we know for sure is that heā€™s adorable! His face looks like a Netherland Dwarf shape, but it could just be because he is laying down. And thatā€™s right, the ear size makes that tricky.
He has two different colored eyes?! Oh that is so cute, I think we need to see a picture!

He's a mixed breed. Netherland dwarf or holland lop are common pet breeds, so I wouldnt be surprised if he had some of those in the mix. The color is called vienna marked black otter - two different eye colors are common in that variety. Black otters are very common in netherland dwarfs; though its not uncommon in holland lops either. Both holland lops and netherland dwarfs can have the vienna gene that causes the white markings and blue eyes

Latest posts

Back