What breed is my bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowsaturdays

Reaction score
My bun is about nine weeks old, but I don’t know what type of breed he is. The helicopter ears are an indication of a lop breed/lop mix, but that’s all I know. Does anyone have any idea on what he might be?

Attachments

• C443D904-741C-476A-B7D9-9D2BE368F30E.jpeg
    C443D904-741C-476A-B7D9-9D2BE368F30E.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 7ADD91BE-8D90-4423-A998-E3658325D36A.jpeg
    7ADD91BE-8D90-4423-A998-E3658325D36A.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 45
Would anyone know what my bun is as well? I got her as three months ago as a sort of toddler? Not sure how old she was but she was smaller. She's a little over a pound and about the size of a very big potato.

Attachments

• received_2376696735898782.jpeg
    received_2376696735898782.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 25
Would anyone know what my bun is as well? I got her as three months ago as a sort of toddler? Not sure how old she was but she was smaller. She's a little over a pound and about the size of a very big potato.
The long tuffs of hair around the top of her head, along with her small size, would indicate to me that she is a lop mixed with a lionhead

Likely has a lop breed ancestor, but I don't see any Silver Fox. Silver fox crosses (which are not often found as pets, more often in meat mixes) usually have thicker, coarser fur than this rabbit appears to have and often have slight silvering. This rabbit's coloring looks to be steel, not silvering, to me. Additionally, Silver Fox are a father uncommon breed so it's unlikely your rabbit is a silver fox cross

Yes, Silver Fox rabbits are definitely a rare breed. However, that does not rule it out at all, in my opinion. I have seen them listed on Craigslist multiple times here in Arizona, and I was lucky enough to have one as a kid. They were probably formerly from people who raised them for meat, though.

As for the bunny, her (?) dewlap area fur and the bone structure is what had me thinking, but who knows :)

Likely has a lop breed ancestor, but I don't see any Silver Fox. Silver fox crosses (which are not often found as pets, more often in meat mixes) usually have thicker, coarser fur than this rabbit appears to have and often have slight silvering. This rabbit's coloring looks to be steel, not silvering, to me. Additionally, Silver Fox are a father uncommon breed so it's unlikely your rabbit is a silver fox cross
Just because they aren't common doesn't have anything to do if it is one or not and to me it does kind of look more like a meat rabbit to me. Plus steel color is like a bunch is different color grey's mixed sorta and silver fox is a really dark grey or black base with some silver looking fur.

Latest posts

Back