What breed is my bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eskaisbell

Reaction score
So I got my Moxy last September, the breeder told me she was a holland lop, at the time her ears would lop down and sometimes one would stick up here and there. But now she had total ear control. I tried asking for help on this a few months ago and got almost no replies so hopefully someone can help 🤞20210611_203544.jpgIMG_20210618_211117_530.jpg20210415_200004.jpg20210410_090054.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210618_211117_530.jpg
    IMG_20210618_211117_530.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
Rabbits arent like dogs in that dogs are usually easier to tell what breeds are in them.
Any guesses people make will be just that, fun guesses.
She is likely a mix of 1 or more breeds.
Shape of their crown determines if their ears lop or not.
If she didn't come with a pedigree saying she is a lop she is likely a mix. I would just call her a surprise mix.

Rabbits arent like dogs in that dogs are usually easier to tell what breeds are in them.
Any guesses people make will be just that, fun guesses.
She is likely a mix of 1 or more breeds.
Shape of their crown determines if their ears lop or not.
If she didn't come with a pedigree saying she is a lop she is likely a mix. I would just call her a surprise mix.

I realize it's not as easy, just hoping for some help from those with more experience. People getting her babies are curious, as am I.

Your photography is amazing, it is so hard to work with black fur and you've captured her so well!

Thank you!! It is really hard to photograph her black fur, I've played around with exposure quite a bit. She's got these tiny white hairs that poke out randomly that I don't think will ever show up on camera 😅

She is such a cutie!

I have a Holland Lop who has ears that stick almost straight up. Yes, she is definitely purebred (both her parents are pedigreed). When she was 10wks old her ears actually started to lop but then they decided to stick up again. That being said, one of her ears does lop when she is relaxed and content. If the breeder you got her from specializes in Holland Lops, then I would say the chances of her being a purebred Holland Lop are pretty high. As Watermelons was saying it is possible she is a mix too. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1
She is such a cutie!

I have a Holland Lop who has ears that stick almost straight up. Yes, she is definitely purebred (both her parents are pedigreed). When she was 10wks old her ears actually started to lop but then they decided to stick up again. That being said, one of her ears does lop when she is relaxed and content. If the breeder you got her from specializes in Holland Lops, then I would say the chances of her being a purebred Holland Lop are pretty high. As Watermelons was saying it is possible she is a mix too. Hope this helps!

Thank you! Some people got pretty upset when I told them she was a Holland Lop 😳
So now I just tell them she's a mix! Lol she is sure cute and very sweet. I'm not selling her babies as pedigreed or show quality so I'm not sure why they care so much but oh well 🤷‍♀️
Your bun is a super cutie 😍

Latest posts

Back