What breed is it?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drache

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm the gal who recently adopted the wonky-toothed lionhead mix to Peg(Tinysmom). I'm very happy to report that the situation turned out wonderful and Molly, who was renamed as I understand it, is in a great new home.

Ironically, the very next day at work (I work at PetSmart) a lady abandoned a baby bunny into my care. She told me that she won it at a fair in Lousianna. Two days ago. And has only given it carrots since then. I told her that it was very skinny (bones poking out) and weak and would need to be at least boosted with some Ensure or KMR or something because it was in bad shape. She told me she didn't have time for that, told me I could have it, and gave me 20$ to take it home.

I've hand-raised wild cottontails before, so no worries about the bottle feeding. It actually rejected the bottle this morning and went for the timothy and the salad/mushy pellet mix I made. The baby (I think it's a doe) is about 6 inches long and fits in my hand. She's doing quite well and as soon as I'm sure what she's going to be as an adult, she'll be up for adoption.

So, what breed is this? Will she be large or small? I don't know enough about bunny breeds to tell.

Thanks

babybunny1.jpg
babybunny2.jpg

It's hard to tell at this age, but I'll vote with Sunnie for the Holland Lop or small mixed breed.

What a shame that tiny bunnies were being awarded as prizes -- that's illegal in many states.

Pam

Latest posts

Back