What breed are my bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all. After losing Timmy I just couldn't stay bun-less for long. Hey, I had the space and the food so I went and adopted two new boys from a local shelter. They came in together as strays and they kept them together both as unneutered males and then continued to keep them together after their neuter. The shelter thinks they're both adults. They don't have names yet (I have a short list but I'm trying to get their personalities figured out first). I also think they're both a bit overweight, but of course they were free fed pellets at the shelter.

This is the first one. He weighed in at 3 lbs 5.5 oz. He's black otter, right?
IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6690.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

And this is the second. He weighs in at 3 lb 3.5 oz. Some parts of his fur are brown but I can't figure out if they're actually brown or if they're urine stained and he's supposed to be solid black.

IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_6702.jpg

And in this picture with my pumpkin and Wendell the travelling forum rabbit, you can tell that The lighter weight of the two actually looks bigger.

IMG_6513.jpg

Yes, the otter is a Nethie, that little grump face says it all! I love their little grumpy faces!

The second one, I'm not sure. He's really cute too though! He looks really shiny and soft.

1st is a black otter netherland dwarf and the 2nd is a black polish

The rusty spot could be from most commonly sun fading or urine stains

not sure about the solid one but the otter is nethie for sure! love their little bow ties

The Nethie looks just like our bunny "Stew" and he was a black otter too. The second one looks to be Polish but not sure of what else may be in the mix. You're gonna have to come up with a "combo" name like "Mutt and Jeff" or some such. One of my favorites we used on our first bunny--Commander Bun-Bun which was the name given to a Netherland by Oswald in an episode of "The Drew Carey Show".

1st one is defenitly a nethy, 2nd one has some polish in it (not sure if full blooded or mix). Both are VERY cute :) How did you get them to keep the bow tie on?

ldoerr wrote:
1st one is defenitly a nethy, 2nd one has some polish in it (not sure if full blooded or mix). Both are VERY cute :) How did you get them to keep the bow tie on?

The bow ties are from the cat section at Petco. I think they were a little overwhelmed by the whole being brought to a new room, set next to a big orange pumpkin and then the flashy flashy camera. They sat nicely for me for several minutes.

I was thinking he was a nethie but I had no idea on the other one.

I'm pretty sure they have names now too: Sherlock (the otter nethie) and Watson (the solid black)

Congrats Christina on the new bunnies! They are both very adorable and I love the name pick. :)

My first thought is same as the others-netherland dwarf and polish.

Ditto to all the comments about the breed.

Lovity LOVE, love the names Sherlock and Watson :)

Latest posts

Back