What breed and age is my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leah

Reaction score
This bunny wandered up to our house (under renovation) and hung out with our construction crew for 4 weeks. We all took care of it and let it stay in the empty garage whenever it wanted. So now we have adopted this bunny and have no idea how old, what kind, or even the sex. We have since then been trying to get it to trust us enough to pet it, so getting it to the vet isn't an option right now.

2019-02-24 14.54.43.jpg 2019-02-24 14.54.53.jpg 2019-03-07 16.37.33.jpg

looks like a polish?? i think it might be a female because i think i see a dewlap, i could be totally incorrect though.

That's what I was thinking but she looks a bit big for a polish. How much does she weigh?

Last edited:
That's what I was thinking but she looks a bit big for a polish. How much does she weigh?

Since we haven't been to the vet, I could only guess that he/she is only a couple of pounds (5# tops). For reference in the pics the white bowls in there are about 2 " tall and the top of the hay feeder is 8" from the floor.

Could be a polish mix. Might be a mix of any number of breeds as well. Mini rex, mini satin, havana. I have some of those same toys, and judging size off it, it's definitely way too big to be a purebred polish (in my opinion, too big to even be one without the dwarf gene from lines that have the dwarf gene). It could probably theoretically pass as a havana, but those aren't popular outside outside of the show world. Without a history, all you can call it is a mixed breed.
It looks to be full grown in my opinion (the coat looks shorter and thicker like an adult coat), but beyond that I can't say.
At this age, if you can peek under it (with an open floored wired cage like that, you can try to stick your head under and look if you don't feel comfortable flipping the rabbit over yet) you'd likely be able to easily see the testicles if it's a buck. They're hairless and weird looking lol.

Where are you located? My friends rabbit went missing and he looked just like this

Latest posts

Back