What breed am i?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much does Digger weigh and approximately how old is he? Do you have any other pictures?

My initial guess is going to be a Harlequin Mini Lop or Harlequin Holland Lop.

Harlequin refers to the coloring, although there is alsotheHarlequin BREED which can make things confusing if you don'tdestinguish exactly which you're talking about (the color or thebreed).

~Sunshine

He weighs about 3lb does that sound normal? ihaven't weighed him, just from holding him and he is about 18 monthsold he was at a breeders being re-homed, he was one of the staffthere's girlfriend's rabbit she had him about a year i think he said.

He sounds like he's within weight range to be a Holland Lop.

It's hard to tell from the picture, I first thought harlequin coloring,but it also looks like it may be the way the sunlight is hitting him...do you have any other pictures that better show his coloring?

~Sunshine

Sorry in the delay posting this, needed camera batteries. Here is Digger from above, what do you think of his colouring now?

Pets217.jpg

His coloring is black Magpie. Whatcountry are you from (breed names can vary by country), and how muchdoes your rabbit weigh? There are a number of Lop breeds(especially in the UK), so knowing the weight helps to narrow down whatbreed he might be.

Pam

thanks for that, its nice to finally be able toname him! he is about 4lbs i think, or 3 maybe i haven't ever weighedhim, just from when i've held him.

Cool, thanks Pam, is a dwarf lop smaller than amini lop then because i have another lop but i couldn't remember ifthey said it was dwarf or mini, but its smaller than him?

The lop names vary by country.

In the US, the smallest is the Holland Lop. The Mini Lop is slightly larger.

In the UK, the smallest is the Miniature Lop, the Dwarf Lop is slightly larger.

There are also a number of other Lop breeds, so it helps to specifywhat country you are from so we can be more specific with information.

Pam

Sorry i keep forgetting to say, i am from theuk. He isn't that small then if he is meant to be the smallest lop,maybe i have the weight wrong, but i do havea nother boy smaller thanhima, maybe the other oneis just a small mini lop then lol

Latest posts

Back