what brand should i get?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys, ever since i got haru I’ve been looking for the best hay I could find. The first one I don’t remember the brand name but it was VERY dusty, and after that I’ve been buying burgess excel, I tried the long stem one, the one with dandelion, and another one I also forgot what it was, I wanted to ask you guys.. what is the best hay brand?and for pellets too, what should i get her? i give her burgess pellets i don't know if its good or no

Check here for a list of various pellet foods and which are good:
Rabbit Food Comparision - Brand, Type, Nutritional Analysis

For hay, it really isn't brand dependent. You'll need to look at the individual bags of hay (if you are buying it from a store) and look for whichever one looks the most fresh and green. Some stores will have bags of hay (of any brand) that have been sitting on the shelves (or in a warehouse before that) for who knows how long.

Better yet would be to find a feed store that sells bales of hay. They tend to be more fresh since they are typically grown locally. However, you'll still need to inspect it to check for freshness.

Hey,

With hay you want to check that it smells fresh, long strands and isn’t mainly dust.
The brown strands are fine for her to eat, it has slightly lost fiber.

When changing her diet you want to be really careful.

How to switch food:

Week 1 :
75% old food 25% new food

Week 2 :
50% old food. 50% new food

Week 3 :
25% old food. 75% new food

Week 4 :
0% old food. 100% new food

Latest posts

Back