what brand pellets to u feed ur buns?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash Gordon

Reaction score
im looking for a good pellet to feed my buns that i can get in a large sized bag reasonably priced....right now ive been getting the purina green bag (which is cheap) but i wanted to get something a little big better quality....i was buying the oxbow but with 9 bunnies(2 of them giants) that got to be slightly expensive..i also ordered some from Barbie Brown Rabbitry which i liked but shipping was insane...
and yes i do feed greens to my buns and umlimited tim hay..but i like to give them a little bit of pellets just in case im not feeding them the proper greens all the time to give them proper nourishment..
so what brand pellets do u guys feed ur buns?

Thank u Autumn.:) ...come on people i wanna know what u guys use for pellets!!!!!!!!.is it some kinda secret ?????.itll take u 2 min, to write a response for me.....just do it:)..thanks

I fed Martin for a while and my bunny seemed to love it, but I switched to Owbow Bunny basics afterwards once my bunny got a little older (my vet told me to)

I feed Purina green bag. My buns are on a hay and pellet only diet.

Oh and being Snippy sometime make people not want to answer;)

Luvr of rabbits i went thru a ton of threads before i started this thread..i figured there HAD to be a thread already for this..i do have a little common sense before i post.,..,i didnt find one...since its something that im REALLy wanting to know..i figured u guys wouldnt mind giving me a couple min. out of ur day.
mrs. Pbj ...Snippy??.what exactly did i say that was snippy?..im not a snippy person im really quite kewl and fun..u mustve read it wrong...i like to have fun on forums not be rude..if u dont like what i post then u really dont have to answer ..u can cruise on by ..

Nothing wrong with asking a question. :)

I feed purina fiber 3. Its not corn based like the new rabbit chow is. My rabbits eat up to a cup a day plus hay. I don't feed veggies and greens unless as treats, because they aren't nutritionally necessary. Rabbits look great and are in great condition on it.

Flash Gordon wrote:
Luvr of rabbits i went thru a ton of threads before i started this thread..i figured there HAD to be a thread already for this..i do have a little common sense before i post.,..,i didnt find one...since its something that im REALLy wanting to know..i figured u guys wouldnt mind giving me a couple min. out of ur day.
mrs. Pbj ...Snippy??.what exactly did i say that was snippy?..im not a snippy person im really quite kewl and fun..u mustve read it wrong...i like to have fun on forums not be rude..if u dont like what i post then u really dont have to answer ..u can cruise on by ..
I think she meant that as a response to the other poster, not you.

I feed Mazuri Rabbit pellets.

Here's the nutritional content.

http://www.mazuri.com/PDF/5E12.pdf

I stick with 15% protein pellets and high fiber.
I've also fed Pfau but it's hard to find.

Mazuri can be ordered from any feed store if they don't already carry it.

I do want to caution about larger bags. The longer a bag is stored the nutritional value decreases. You can reduce this by putting the pellets in an airtight container and placing them in the freezer. Or just buy smaller bags. :)

I feed a pellet that is made locally by a farm coop. It has 14% protein and about 20% fibre. It comes in a 40 pound bag and lasts my four rabbits about 6 months.

I don't think that the brand is particularly important, just that it has the correct nutrition levels. And that you feed in amounts that keeps them at the correct weight.

Part of the reason I feed the locally made feed, is that is made so close to me. The pellets are super fresh every time I open a bag.

-Dawn

This is a very popular question asked on the forum and it pops up from time to time as a new thread. I agree with Dawn, reading the content label is important, if not more important than reading the brand name. I usually also check out the production date if it's available and the "best by" or expiration date, especially if I buy larger quantity bags.

Here's a link to the library article on pellets where content values have been posted for various popular rabbit pellet brands.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12160&forum_id=17

If you would like to browse others' responses, here are recent threads on pellet brands in the nutrition forum:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=56993&forum_id=48&highlight=pellet+brand

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=57540&forum_id=48&highlight=pellet+brand

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=56356&forum_id=48&highlight=pellet+brand

I feed my buns Oxbow Bunny Basics T. I get 10 lbs at a time for $15 and it lasts me about 6 weeks for three buns.

no dixonsrabbitry ..she meant that to me..,but thanks for being so kewl.
thank u so much to the people who answered without mentioning how many times this has been asked on this forum..i do appreciate ur time.i really do:)..
i see alot of really dumb threads on this forum ,i mean dumb questions about how to care for a bunny some of them are so silly i cant believe people would even have the courage to type it.....i had a legitimate question and now ur making me feel like i shouldnt ask any questions...this place is not friendly.

Oxbow Bunny Basic T (over 1yr old). I get a ten pd bag for 13.99. I feed 6 rabbits. I give them 1/4 cup in the am and 1/4 cup in the pm. bag lasts me approx. 3 weeks.

Flash Gordon wrote:
no dixonsrabbitry ..she meant that to me..,but thanks for being so kewl.
thank u so much to the people who answered without mentioning how many times this has been asked on this forum..i do appreciate ur time.i really do:)..
i see alot of really dumb threads on this forum ,i mean dumb questions about how to care for a bunny some of them are so silly i cant believe people would even have the courage to type it.....i had a legitimate question and now ur making me feel like i shouldnt ask any questions...this place is not friendly.
[align=left]I'm sorry you feel RO is not friendly because of this one thread. There are no 'dumb' questions, as teachers in school would always tell us. No one should ever be afraid to ask a question for fear of coming off as dumb.
[/align]

Latest posts

Back