What are your favorite rabbit breeds?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, but I was wondering what everyone's favorite rabbit breeds are? I love all bunnies despite only having experience with less than 5 breeds, but all are different.

My personal favorite is New Zealand because of their very gentle nature, large size, sweet fur and affection. You can hold them all day and they will love it. But since getting Storm over a month ago, I am now a big fan of Rex bunnies, due to their sweet nature, playfulness and that velvet fur! I had a lot of Netherland Dwarves, and although they are too cute for words, their somewhat agressive nature (depends on the bunny, though) kind of discouraged me.

Curious to know what breeds people really love, but I would adopt any breed, personally (I have a Rex, Dutch/Mini Rex, Lionhead)... By no means am I saying that one breed is better than the other; it just depends on people's experiences, means, preferences, etc.

I love Mini Rexes, because of their fur. I get that Rexes also have the silky fur, but the small size is so cute. Lionheads are also adorable! I would totally get a Lionhead if I was able.

I love Mini Rexes, because of their fur. I get that Rexes also have the silky fur, but the small size is so cute. Lionheads are also adorable! I would totally get a Lionhead if I was able.
Haha, nice! Now I see why people love Rex breeds so much.

I was actually not a big fan of Lionheads, but then she came along...

Attachments

• 20181102_162006.jpg
    20181102_162006.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20181105_201420.jpg
    20181105_201420.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 11
I love the giant rabbits such as the continental rabbits <3 but I adore the smaller breeds like the mini lops and the Netherland Dwarfs also, just too adorable.

I have to say Tans. I love their inquisitive nature and they’re not afraid of anything! Their looks are just a plus!

My other favorite breeds are Britannia Petites and French Lops

We are new to the many types of bunnies (growing up only pink eyed white meat rabbits were available as pets). Now we have a lionhead and dearly love her. We love their friendliness, curiosity, and calm nature.

We have a mid sized mix that was a problem at first as he'd not been treated well and adopted and then returned. He's now my best bud after being here or 4 years, follows me everywhere, comes when called and puts on a heck of a show, binkies and loves to pick up his toys and circle around us and even tolerates being picked up and held. We have a Lionhead with the same circumstance and while he doesn't bite and draw blood anymore, he's is nowhere as friendly as Cosmo and will never be as all are different. Some are great and some are a trial, but one thing to keep in mind is don't let the bunny train you!

Latest posts

Back