What are the genders??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLuvMyLilBuns

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm still a little unsure about the gender of my kits... They're 5 weeks old and I'm planning on selling the girl soon. (i think she's a girl)

So I really need to know the genders soon! The first kit I think is a boy. What do you guys think?

010edit.jpg

And I think this one is a girl :)

017edit.jpg

014edit.jpg

013edit.jpg

I have a really crappy camera so the pics didn't reallyturn out so sorry about that but hopefully some of you rabbit lovers can give me some advice. Maybe even pics of baby bunniesto help me out? Thanks everyone :D

Those are boys, from what I can see. Does have a split that extends the whole length of vent. Bucks have a small, raised hole like you're seeing. I can try to get some comparison pics of my own rabbits if you'd like me too when I've got some time.

I agree with Julie. They look like boys to me.

[/b]I agree with you both Julie & Kat- I hadn'tchecked their gender since they were 3 weeks old and when I did a few days ago the kit I thought was a girl def looks more likea boy now thattheir older!I also compared them to theirmom and dad and that really helped.

I'm gonna say they are both boys becausetheir parts extend reallyfar out like a penis and their isn't a long slit and it resembles their dad a little.

Thanks so much for the help :) I'm soo excited, I love boy bunnies! hehe:)

You would be suprised at how far you can extend a female's parts to. I still think that they are both girls. None of those parts look like a male penis.

ldoerr wrote:
You would be suprised at how far you can extend a female's parts to. I still think that they are both girls. None of those parts look like a male penis.

Female parts do extend, but have a much larger opening than a buck's. At this age (5 weeks old, I think it was?), the penis usually doesn't extend. In most cases, I find that it's closer to maturity than I can actually extend that out far enough to see it.

I'll try to snap some pictures to add to this thread, but I'll be doing it myself so we'll see how it goes! I have a 5-6 week old buck right now that can help compare. I won't say anything 100% for sure on these photos just because it's really difficult sometimes to make out a photo, but they appear to be bucks.

Ok, here you go!

This first one is a 5-6 week old buck. Notice that even though the opening looks kind of large in the picture (because like I said, pics are a little hard to decipher), it is a round, raised opening that does not extend the full length of the vent.

IMG_8650.jpg

Next is a 5-6 month old doe because my only younger ones are still in the nestbox. Younger does will look the same but less "plump." You can see that the slit extends the full length of the vent here.

IMG_8652.jpg

Hope that helps out!

Appear to be bucks. Little boys form a complete round donut, girls are more taco shaped with a smaller space between genitals and rectum. The first picture is clearly that of a little man, without a doubt ;)

I agree with Pam, but I would like to know how soon you plan on getting rid of them? if they are 5 weeks, unless you are selling to another breeder you still have 3 or more weeks.

Latest posts

Back