What are the breeds of my rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

des

Reaction score
Hey, I got two rabbits about a week and a half ago. Does anyone know what breed they are?7ccd90ee-5b8d-418d-aa01-f9e6f1c11ef9.jpgIMG_2050.jpgIMG_2018.jpg

They look like rex or maybe Mini rex Bunnies.

I’m no expert on breeds at all but I would say their fur isn’t velvety enough to be Rex.

Really cute, but not rexes. Their fur is way too long! Mine is a mini rex and their fur types look nothing alike. How old are they and how much do they weigh?
SUPER CUTE!:)

Definitely not recession or mini anything. By the size of their ears they have not come close to their full size yet. You are going to have some pretty big buns and they are beautiful.
The Black and Tan bunny looks like a breed called ironically a Tan which can be over 6 pounds so not huge.
Your tan bunny is closest to a Palomino which can grow to be 11 pounds.
To all of you I’m not that smart. I cheated and googled rabbit breeds lol.

A Tan is ideally 4-5 lbs. It looks purebred but if it ends up less than 4 lbs, or more than 6 lbs fully grown at 6 months, then it may be mixed with something else. We raised and showed Tans for 8 years. They come in 4 varieties, black being the most common.

Based on the size of the tunnel in the background and the fact that they are only 4 months, there is nothing mini about them and they do not have the "Rex" fur or the shorter whiskers that Rexes have. What is their current weight. Our Checkered Giant was over 7 pounds at 4 months and topped out at 20 at 16 months. Thecolor of the darker bunny is a variation of the "Otter" coloring. We've had 2 Black Otters and one "Blue".

Oh my gosh it’s a Tan!! You can obviously tell from my avatar pic lol. My mom is Majorv and yes we bred and showed tans for 8 years.

I’m not sure about the brown one I would need more info. Did you get them together? If they are the same age do you know if they are siblings? They are very close in looks despite the color difference. I have seen agouti colored tans before when people mix the tan with other breeds so this could have been a possibility.

Latest posts

Back