What are some rabbit safe area mats/ rugs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m relatively new to owning rabbits. I inherited the two my mom owned when she passed and now I’m taking care of them. They have pretty much full run over my second living room for most of the time. It works pretty well for them but the only thing is that I have hardwood floors all over the house so when they try to walk on them and run around then tend to slip and slide. I tried buying little area rugs so they can run and jump without sliding and they really liked it, but they started to eat and chew it and there’s no way that can be good for them. So I took it away, but my question is what are some rabbit safe mats I could put down so they can run around?

Binkybunny has lots of seagrass mats that are safe! Also any cotton rugs should also be safe if they do decide to eat them.

Yes, you need to do something about the floor; hard, slippery floor is terrible for bunnies. Flooring is so difficult to get right... Try cotton rag rugs (but you need to make sure they don't slip on the floor) or cushioned, textured, non-slip lino or stable mats.

I use cheap rubber-backed rugs from a local store on both my carpeted and hardwood areas.

They will get chewed, but I've never had issues with them being consumed. Rabbits are going to chew, and inside the house, there's no practical way to keep *everything* from never being chewed -- I guess I feel the utility outweights the potential risk.

Latest posts

Back