What age is a bunny officially an adult? Past teenage trouble and personality change age

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaretti

Reaction score
I’m thinking of adopting an adult, partly because of wanting to know for sure what the personality is, since babies seem to end up changing into who knows what once they grow up. I also want an adult that is past the teenage stage many talk about.

So my question is: At what age is a rabbit a full adult, past this the personality change and teenage phase? I want to get one that is old enough to for sure be past that personality change period so I know what personality I’m getting.
What is a safe age to get to be sure they now are what they are, and are past a teenager that’s more likely to get into trouble like some say?

I think a rabbit is an adult about 8months+ but for many breeds a year up is an adult. Once a rabbit is neutered, they have passed the teenager and behaviour change period. So if you go for a rabbit that is spayed or neutered, then it’s likely you aren’t going to get a rabbit with behaviour problems.

For the small breeds a rabbit is considered adult at 6 months but that doesn’t mean they’re past the hormonal stage. That could vary with the rabbit. We found that at 2-3 years our intact rabbits generally settled down. If you get one already fixed you can get one younger.

Latest posts

Back