We've lost half of my family's rabbits (8 out of 16) and we don't know whats causing it :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Eve, I'll just reiterate that I am in the states and this is a remote farm on a remote island in the Philippines, they are not accustomed to the luxuries and resources that we are used to.

I didn't learn about this situation until just now and am doing my best to get these bunnies help, even though they are far away and both their country and my city are in lockdown (covid-19).

We've called several vets and none will agree to treat them virtually, and with the lockdown it is almost impossible to travel from the island to a major city center. If anyone knows a vet that will allow virtual/remote appointments under these circumstances I'd be happy to try. We do have a lead now for a potential doctor that might help and I should know more in the coming days.

The guidance and knowledge shared by the community here has been excellent and I appreciate it very much and I hope to bring good news soon.

Ok got it - I didn’t know it is in the Philippines [emoji1198]! And yes now the lockdown of the Corona disease changes a load, we are almost on a full lock down too I just hope this nightmare will be over soon.

Otherwise just try to ask them for a email address to send pictures, maybe they will be able to help 00494102 53085

Good luck and more important stay healthy yourself.
Eve

Reactions: tgb
If they can't get a vet there, maybe they could get the ivermectin, and the vet could give dosages and instructions on how to administer.

hello just an update,

based on all of the advice mentioning mites...all of the bunnies were brought indoors and they were put into individual living spaces so as not to mingle. The outdoor area was cleaned up and petroleum jelly was applied to the bunnies problem areas. A couple more bunnies passed away but two remained OK and were stable.

The Philippines finally opened up enough for us to get advocate medicine for mites (similar to revolution), and we bought a lot of it (the cat version for under 5kg) as advised by a tele-vet that we found on facebook. We're now applying the medicine to the bunnies.

The original 2 bunnies had some baby bunnies and they are all healthy. We are hoping and expecting a complete recovery and for the bunnies now to all be indoors with some playtime outdoors each day. We still keep the bunnies separated indoors.

Thanks again everyone for the help and I hope to post this in case anyone else ever encounters a similar situation.

I am so glad you finally can get what you need! This whole thing has been hard for pet owners bit we can finally get what is needed to keep our pets happy! I hope you all stay safe and healthy!

Reactions: tgb

Latest posts

Back