Wet rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JingleBellTheBunny

Reaction score
So today it rained, and bullseye's fur was a bit wet. Is there a chance he's going to catch hypothermia? I know that rabbits aren't supposed to get wet. I've already dried him off with a towel, but he was still pretty wet. Is he okay or is there something else I need to do?

I would just keep an eye on him. You should put a blanket in his area or something warm so he can go there if he’s cold. My Hermione once jumped into a bucket of water on accident and I got her out and I had to attempt to towel her off but she doesn’t like it that much so I just had to keep an eye on her and she turned out fine.

Rabits have no problem with rain, as long as they have a dry place to go when it gets too much. When it rains my boy sits out in the garden in the rain, looking very grumpy about it, but it can take hours before he realises he can't make it stop.
Normally it's just the outer layer that gets wet, takes quite some time to dry, but toweling would bring the moisture down to the skin, I don't do that unless he's drenched thoroughly. Just provide a dry, draft free place.

Mine have normal fur though, don't know how well Rex and such types fare.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back