Wet Rabbit nose!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
I can’t tell if I’m just stressing out again but Apollo’s nose looks strange to me.
Has anyone seen this before? His nose isn’t wet but has a strange look. I’ll add a picture!
Should I go to the vet?

Attachments

• C72E0FAB-58F7-435D-86C3-2339DA2F6C40.jpeg
    C72E0FAB-58F7-435D-86C3-2339DA2F6C40.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 14
  • BBC33700-8F13-4B5A-8514-3F3165E352F6.jpeg
    BBC33700-8F13-4B5A-8514-3F3165E352F6.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 13
It does look a bit messy to me but might be nothing. I would keep an eye on it, watch for sneezing/coughing excessive cleaning of the nose, or if there is off-white slimy discharge then get worried. A wet nose can be caused by over exertion or when they are over heated I believe.
There is a bacteria known as Pasteurella multocida its a gram negative bacteria of which there are several strains. Some strains will reside in the nasal tract of rabbits but do not cause any problems until the bunny is stressed or until the bunny’s immune system is compromised in some way.
A couple weeks ago Fiona became very stressed after I had changed her pen around and the next day she was sneezing and had the discharge coming out of her nose, so I made a vet appointment for the fallowing day but the next day all her symptoms were gone so I just monitored her and she hasn't had any problems sense.
I hope this helps, oh and is your bun a rex? I love his colors he is so cute and looks so soft.❤

It does look a bit messy to me but might be nothing. I would keep an eye on it, watch for sneezing/coughing excessive cleaning of the nose, or if there is off-white slimy discharge then get worried. A wet nose can be caused by over exertion or when they are over heated I believe.
There is a bacteria known as Pasteurella multocida its a gram negative bacteria of which there are several strains. Some strains will reside in the nasal tract of rabbits but do not cause any problems until the bunny is stressed or until the bunny’s immune system is compromised in some way.
A couple weeks ago Fiona became very stressed after I had changed her pen around and the next day she was sneezing and had the discharge coming out of her nose, so I made a vet appointment for the fallowing day but the next day all her symptoms were gone so I just monitored her and she hasn't had any problems sense.
I hope this helps, oh and is your bun a rex? I love his colors he is so cute and looks so soft.❤
Thank you!
Yeah, he’s a Rex! His stomach is soooooooooooo soft.
Do you know if there’s a way to clean it or should he do it himself?

If you want to clean it I would try getting a warm wet rag, place it over your finger pet him around his head and face with your other hand so that he thinks you are "grooming" him, then gently try wiping under and around his nose if he lets you then use a dry rag on his nose after.
depending on the rabbit it might work or they might hate you touching their nose, if he hates it I would just try and let him clean it.

Thank you. I’ll do that! He’s okay with me touching him, just not picking him up ;)

Lol yeah most buns hate being picked up, I found placing one hand under the chest with one of their front legs between your pointer finger and middle finger and one hand cupping their bottom and bringing them into your chest seems to help them not freak out as much. I used to try and support their back feet but that seems to make things worse.

Lol yeah most buns hate being picked up, I found placing one hand under the chest with one of their front legs between your pointer finger and middle finger and one hand cupping their bottom and bringing them into your chest seems to help them not freak out as much. I used to try and support their back feet but that seems to make things worse.
The second my hand goes by him he runs :p
We’re working on it though!

Latest posts

Back