We're Gonna Have a White Christmas!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww, you're so lucky! we did get a big front last night, though. the wind was... kind of insane, at least for this area. it was windy all night long and in the last few hours, the temp has dropped quite a bit. we'll never get snow, but I'll settle for it not being in the 80s on christmas and my birthday :D

...I'm dreading going to work. I work in the call center for a utilities company that covers a lot of Iowa...We've only had rain here, but there are outages going on elsewhere. :( I was called in an hour early. I really don't like the cold, so I kind of don't like snow. lol. I've always wanted to move to California to get away from it.

At least there are some people who are happy for it! lol. :)

Last edited:
^What Jennifer said. It was 80 here for the past week. Today it's only in the low 70s. Forecast for Christmas is 65. I miss snow. All my friends are posting pictures of snow on facebook. So jealous! I want Q to see snow for the first time!! I haven't seen snow in two years and I miss it!

For me its not christmas unless there is snow. I'm 29 and I only remember 2 years there wasn't any snow for Christmas and it sucked. But I live in Alberta where it can snow in the summer :p For Christmas its supposed to be -20*c(windchill -30*c) a little cold,lol, but the perfect temp for curling up around the fireplace.

I wish it would snow like crazy for Christmas and then not for the rest of the winter! We tend to get more snow in Jan-Mar.

Jennifer, when is your birthday? It sounds like it is close. Mine is today!:balloons:

oh how awesome! I have never ever seen snow in person! I'm not sure I want to really but for Christmas it would be nice! Enjoy!!!!!!!!

Its suppose to be cold here too, I think our lows are in the 50's WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its snowing right now as I type this! and Lisa I think the Draco storm is going over us too. I'm supposed to get 5-10 inches. It will keep snowing untll saturday. So hopefully the snow will last until Christmas.

:balloons:And Brandy happy birthday!:balloons:

Thanks guys! I know it is silly for a 3*mumbles* old adult to still get excited, but I love my birthday. My husband send me roses to work :)

Good luck with the storm, hopefully you won't have any power issues.

Happy Birthday Brandy!

I've never had a white Christmas. Its been 23 years. lmao. And I'm OKAY with that! I don't like snow. See where you guys are, you get snow so your cities and towns know what to do. Where I am, Charlotte has like 3 trucks to move the snow, 3 to spread salt and thats it. Its a big city, so there is always a huge mess. In the county I'm in, there are state trucks that dump salt and brine on the country roads, which helps a lot but there isn't anyone to push the snow out of the road. lmao.
In my neighboring town, there is A GUY who happens to have a plow on the front of his truck, so he drives around the town and back roads scraping the snow away. lmao Its great to see. Its like a 1985 Shortbed Chevy, plowing snow. I'm pretty sure he's a fireman.

But when there is the slightest chance for snow, the schools automatically shut down. The year before last, we got like 1 inch of snow and then it iced over. There was nothing in the roads because they brined them. It just took like 4 days to melt totally. So the kids were out of school for 5 days, my husband was out of work for 2. Day 1 the transformer fell down by his work, and day 2 a few of the office girls "couldn't get to work because of the snow" so they said no work. Thankfully he still got paid. lol mini vacation.

Sorry for this long book, but thats what happens when it snows where I am. Thats why I hate it. Plus there is nothing at the grocery store.

^What Jennifer said. It was 80 here for the past week. Today it's only in the low 70s. Forecast for Christmas is 65. I miss snow. All my friends are posting pictures of snow on facebook. So jealous! I want Q to see snow for the first time!! I haven't seen snow in two years and I miss it!

how is your weather so different from mine when you only live an hour away? it was in the 40s this morning here. I guess it's maybe low 60's now, which isn't that far from 70, though. still very windy.

Jennifer, when is your birthday? It sounds like it is close. Mine is today!:balloons:
happy birthday! :D I turn 29 the day after christmas :)

See where you guys are, you get snow so your cities and towns know what to do.

snow is kinda scary and ice is terrifying as hell in places that almost never get it (if you have to drive in it, that is)! I visited anchorage, alaska one christmas and did a lot of driving in the snow and ice and was just fine... but that's because when I was a teenager, my mom made **** sure I knew how to drive in those conditions if I ever needed to (we went on a ski trip to colorado for either thanksgiving or christmas when I was 17, so I got a good bit of practice then).

in south texas, it's a whole different story! the fact that *I* know how to drive in snowy/icy conditions doesn't bring me much comfort when 90% of the people I'm sharing the roads with are clueless and none of us have winter tires. people who have never seen icy roads before + ice = scarybad!

Audrinasmommy88.. Where I live it only gets a bit hotter than that in summer!! This year the hottest it got in summer was 19C!!
I'd love to live somewhere hot!!

Happy Birthday, Brandy!

(and early happy birthday to you too, Jennifer)

Lisa, I understand that excitement of the snow, especially with little ones! Mine aren't quite so young and we live in temps close to Jennifer and Nancy/Larry now.

We still haven't turned on the heat for the downstairs yet. Only the upstairs heat has gone on during the night. (oh, I should clarify for you east-coasters that here in AZ the houses typically have 2 heating/cooling units)
Since we're not AZ natives, I still have to chuckle at myself when I complain now about temps getting down to the 50s.

Never had a white christmas and don't want one haha. I could visit snow if I really had any desire to, but I don't like snow. I don't like being cold. We did just have a crazy rain storm pass thru over the weekend. That's about as winter as it gets.

Latest posts

Back