Went on vacation, and got a Proposal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aurora369

Reaction score
I went to Alberta for my boyfriend's brother's wedding. My boyfriend was a groomsman, and the wedding was gorgeous.

We also ended up staying longer than planned. We got invited to a friends time-share with them in Fairmont BC. So, we went and had a wonderful time.

The best part about the whole trip for me, was I got proposed to! We went to visit a beautiful place called Finely Falls, and Ryan surprised me by pulling out a ring and proposing to me there!

Here is Finley Falls:

First we posed for some pictures:

He was sneaky, I never suspected a thing. Next thing I know, he turned around and pulled out the ring:

I'll have to get a close up picture of my ring, but I wanted to share as soon as possible! My ring needs to be resized, so I'm wearing it on my middle finger now and I'll probably take it to the jewellery store this week end.

--Dawn

Oh ! Wow congrats!!!

Someone was in on it right? Or else how'd you get a pic of the proposal :)

So happy for you! The location is beautiful. How romantic.

Yeah, his best friend took the picture for us. It was only four of us down there, it is a very secluded spot and you have to drive down this logging road for about a half an hour to get there. There was us, Ryan's friend Dan and his girlfriend Elizabeth.

Apparently everyone knew before I did. Ryan's parents and a bunch of our friends got a bit of pre-warning, and I was utterly clueless right up until he pulled out the ring.

LOL, my first response was a shocked "REALLY!?, now??", to which he replied, "Yes, right now", and then I finally said yes. It was kind of funny actually. He was hoping for some tears, but I was too shocked to really take it all in. But, he'll get lots of tears at our wedding.

--Dawn

awww congrats! i remember how excited i was when i got proposed to!!!

such a beautiful place for him to propose too!

Wow,beautiful pictures! and Congratz - you two look good together - such great news!

Thank you!!

Yes, it was a very beautiful place to propose. It was so serene and pristine. The water was so blue and gorgeous, I really wanted to jump in and swim in the deep pool that you can see on the very right of the first picture. The weather was perfect as well. It was bright and sunny, but not hot, just nice and warm.

We spent the day there, and had a picnic lunch up above the spot where he proposed. It was just a perfect day all around :)

--Dawn

Thats sweet.
And that was almost like what happened with me and my fiance.
He took me to a nice pretty place on the rocks with water falls and streams, it was just beautiful! and then he proposed to me, when he held out the ring i just started at him for like 30 seconds and he was like "...well?" and i go "DUH!" hah no yes, but duh..it was funny lol and i too am wearing my engagement ring on ym middle finger after..uh....9 months hahaha, yeah i should probably get on resizing it soon, our wedding is in a few months lol.

He also was expecting tears but i was way to in shock to cry, i was shaking instead.

i am happy for you, getting married is EXCITING!

good luck and congrats!

Latest posts

Back