Went away for 4 days

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreezeNkody

4 Fuzz-Butts
Reaction score
So I went on a 4 day vacation and returned yesterday. I had out my flemmies food in an auto feeder (sifter feeder) and had a friend check on him through out he days I was gone. Before I left he had dumped his water bowl and I tried to clean it up he best I could before I left. Any way I went to empty his feeder today and just use the regular bowl i use daily. And I noticed that the feeder had mold on there bottom. And I'm worried he had eaten it! He's not acting weird or acting sick but I'm now super nervous!! What can I do?!? What signs should I look for. I read he can die, I don't know how long it had been moldy. 😭😭

If he's eaten anything toxic, signs will show within a day or two at most. Keep your eyes peeled and be ready to go to the vet if he seems lethargic, huddled up in pain, or stops eating, pooping and peeing. Meanwhile give him lots of water and fresh hay to flush out his system.

i have outside rabbits and i use the kind of feeders you are talking about. it is not uncommon for some of the food to get wet and for it to mold. i have never had problems with it. the rabbits for the most part just don't eat it.

Mould will form a light penicillin this will not be harmful to u bunny in small amounts, either way keep an eye on him.

Latest posts

Back