Went away for 4 days

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

FreezeNkody

4 Fuzz-Butts
Joined
May 17, 2012
Messages
517
Reaction score
112
Location
milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
So I went on a 4 day vacation and returned yesterday. I had out my flemmies food in an auto feeder (sifter feeder) and had a friend check on him through out he days I was gone. Before I left he had dumped his water bowl and I tried to clean it up he best I could before I left. Any way I went to empty his feeder today and just use the regular bowl i use daily. And I noticed that the feeder had mold on there bottom. And I'm worried he had eaten it! He's not acting weird or acting sick but I'm now super nervous!! What can I do?!? What signs should I look for. I read he can die, I don't know how long it had been moldy. 😭😭
 

whiskylollipop

Laura the Bunsnuggler
Joined
May 19, 2013
Messages
1,432
Reaction score
519
Location
Auckland, NZ
If he's eaten anything toxic, signs will show within a day or two at most. Keep your eyes peeled and be ready to go to the vet if he seems lethargic, huddled up in pain, or stops eating, pooping and peeing. Meanwhile give him lots of water and fresh hay to flush out his system.
 

HototMama

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2014
Messages
233
Reaction score
56
Location
Wisconsin
i have outside rabbits and i use the kind of feeders you are talking about. it is not uncommon for some of the food to get wet and for it to mold. i have never had problems with it. the rabbits for the most part just don't eat it.
 

megaminilops

Member
Joined
May 26, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
2
Location
NULL
Mould will form a light penicillin this will not be harmful to u bunny in small amounts, either way keep an eye on him.
 

Latest posts

Top