Wendell the Wandering Wabbit's Travel Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe. The treats Wendell packed look a little suspicious. I keep waiting on a letter or police to show up at my door.

Sounds good :D I'm sure he'll have lots of fun with you, and if anything it's nice for him to have a break from all the recent excitement!

Hi everybody! Wendell here.
Well I just arrived in Delaware! And if you don't know where that is, well I didn't either. Apparently I'm in southern Delaware very near the beach. I was a bit worried when I looked into my new hosts back yard because I saw salt water creeping up from the tidal marsh, but April says that it's just because we're having strong easterly winds today and the tides are up. Ok I'll take her word for it.

I just don't know about these people here though. They found me in the mailbox just an hour or two ago and they started having fits or something. They were cheering and laughing and said something about how happy they were that I could go with them to the flower show or something up in PA. Well, I tried to tell them I've already been to PA but they were going on and on about the city. So in a few days I'll be traveling again. I'm going to Philadelphia, PA to see the International Flower Show. Idk, April seems pretty excited about it so I guess it's going to be a good time. I'm always up for a good time (unless I get arrested again, lol). She also mentioned eating at the Reading Terminal Market so I think I'm gonna get some good food too!

It's a beautiful day here! I think I might like this Delaware if it's so nice here in February. It's sunny and 55 degrees. Oh, April just told me that this weather is unusual, but I'll enjoy it while I can. I met one of the resident bunnies today. His name is Humma Kavula, but he said I can call him Humma. He is really nice. Soon I'll meet the other 2 resident bunnies but I thought I'd stop by and let everybody know that I arrived safely. I'll post a picture or 2 of me and my new friend Humma.
:peace

Here's my new friend Humma. I was so tired from my trip he let me take a nap on his back. He is sooooo soft! What a nice guy!

humma and wendell 1.jpg

I thought Humma and I would do a nice picture together.

humma and wendell 2.jpg

Yay! So glad you arrived safely, Wendell! Lucky you, you get to visit Pennsylvania twice! Try not to eat any of the flowers or other plants at the show, okay? And Humma DOES look really soft. His fur matches yours!

Wow Wendell, what happened to New York with Paige?? Did I miss something??

Now onto Delaware. so excited to see your new adventures and your new friend is ADORABLE! :)

I wonder if Wendell is still at the awesome horticulture show? Hopefully he didn't get tossed in jail for eating the plants!

Howdy all, Wendell here! Here are a few pictures of my stay in Delaware.

My first stop was at Cape Henlopen State Park in Lewes, DE. That's pronounced (Lew is) apparently, not looze as it looks, lol!
I thought this sign was interesting because it shows how the point has changed throughout the years. If you look at a map of Delaware, that is the curly point in the south-eastern part.

I didn't get to see any Osprey because they haven't arrived in Delaware yet. They come in the spring. April tells me they're beautiful, and great fishermen!

These next two pics are of the point. It's closed to humans at this time of year because it is a major nesting site for migratory birds like the piping plover.

You can kinda see the curly point way in the background.

These people are my hosts Steve and April (Ape337). They're nice but kinda wierd. When they saw that picture they were saying something about how they didn't realize they had so much grey hair now, lol. In the background is the lighthouse on the outer wall.

This is a better pic of the breakwater lighthouse. It sits on the outer wall at the mouth of the Delaware bay. There's a long rock wall in the water that extends from near the point of Cape Henlopen west toward the ice breakers. It's called the outer wall. The ice breakers are large stones in the water that will do exactly what they say: they break up ice. The idea was to create a safe harbor for ships to be protected from rough seas. And it works! There's a world of difference between the ocean side and safe harbor side of that wall. Using google earth is a good way to see the area which consists of the breakers, the outer wall, and the inner wall. All working to create the harbor of refuge.

These are some of the neat things you can find on the beaches in the refuge area.

And this is one of the signs that you better obey! There's a big coast guard tower overlooking the area and they will not tolerate disturbing the nesting area of the point. I don't know why anyone would want to bother the area anyway. But some people.....

Well, this was my trip of one side of the cape. I'll post again soon of some of the other interesting areas of the park. There's so much to see there! :)

(April here). I didn't realize photobucket makes the pics so small. I was trying to find an easier way to post pics. Usually I upload to my laptop from my iPhone, then into photoshop for resizing, then onto RO. What a P.I.T.A. :/

Ok I figured out if you want to see the pics better (or read them) you click on the pic. :)

Last edited:
Oh Wendell! Breakwater lighthouse is on the inner wall. The outer wall has a really loud "lighthouse" on it. Sorry, I should have explained that better.

This is a pic of the 2 walls. Breakwater is the red lighthouse on the inner wall on the left side. If you look really hard you can see the outer wall, and from the left of the outer wall you can barely see the ice breakers. Wendell will explain what the tower in the center is in his future posts :)

Latest posts

Back