Wendell the Wandering Wabbit's Travel Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic pictures, looks like a great place. Glad to see Wendell is widening his horizons. He´s better travelled that I am, lucky lad. Hope he enjoys the rest of his stay and look forward to the pics.

wendell-training-site-1-6585.jpg

Can anyone guess what kind of car this was?

You're definitely getting to see some interesting weaponry, Wendell, from the Civil War guns I showed you at Gettysburg to the newer armament at the museum. I set up your account, so if you're having problems accessing it, send me a PM and I'll try to help.

The car had me going for a long time. It would have been easier if I could have seen the front end, but that side stripe is very distinctive - it looked so familiar. I could tell it was definitely a 1956-1958, back when I was first starting to notice (and memorize) all the different car brands. At first I thought it was a Packard or Hudson, but their side stripes all dipped further back. Buick had "V" shaped side stripes in those years, too, but they always dipped just in front of the rear wheels. I finally found it - thank you, Google Images.

That car is a 1956 Ford Fairlane two-door coupe - Ford called them "Tudors" (as opposed to the "Fordors" which had, well, fo(u)r do(o)rs).

I was pretty sure it was 1950's something. It would have been a very nice car if it wasn't rusted. Or had bullet holes. Or had more than just the frame. So sad.

From the stables we went over to the Ft. Sill Museum. It had some neat artifacts and told the history of the post. The post was originally very small compared to the massive training area that it is today.

Ft Sill the beginning
ft-sill-museum-1-6591.jpg

ft-sill-museum-2-6592.jpg

The very first post commander

ft-sill-museum-3-6593.jpg

What a soldier from the late 1800's looked like.

ft-sill-museum-4-6594.jpg

Ft. Sills very first commissary

Ft Sill is the home of Artillery. Ft Benning is the home of the infantry (and armour school now that was a soap opera in itsef, so Kaley tells me) Both are very proud and heckle outsiders. However Ft Sill housed the infantryman school for a period of about 10 years before it was moved to Benning in 1909. Thought that was an interesting bit of history.

Phew. From here we moved off post to the wild life refuge which also houses Mt. Scott. Mt. Scott is only 2,464 feet above sea level but in a very flat state it's one of the tallest things around. We cheated and drove up the 3+ mile paved road.
starting-up-mt-scott-6595.jpg

Starting up! I had to stop for this beautiful lake view.

mt-scott-2-6599.jpg

About half way up. Omar wanted to take all the rocks home for his fish tanks

mt-scott-4-6598.jpg

We made it to the top!

mt-scott-5-6600.jpg

I may or may not have fallen from my perch. This sure is an interesting hole!

mt-scott-6-6601.jpg

Hahaha! We're hiding from Omar!

mt-scott-7-6602.jpg

He found us.

Omg I love this trip for Wendell! Lots of great history and wow...the weapons and artillery was very impressive.
I love the nature pics too with the lake view and the hiking and the view from the top, just gorgeous.
I laughed at the picture where wendell either fell?? (lol) or was exploring a hole? :)
Thanks for all the pictures Kaley!

I´ve really enjoyed reading about Wendell´s trip and the pictures have all been so interesting both the artillery, the museums and the wonderful countryside. I´m loving seeing all these different parts of the US.

Hope he enjoys the rest of his stay...

On to the last leg of our journey from Saturday.

We finally got to the wild life part of the park. There are giant herds of Texas Longhorn cattle, Buffalo, and huge prairie dog colonies.

wildlife-1-6603.jpg

I wanted to get on the cow but Omar wouldn't let me. There was this one cow who kept giving us the stink eye. She had a calf with her and we must have looked intimidating

wildlife-2-6604.jpg

We found one buffalo that was close enough to get a shot of. He's the big dark lump in the back

wildlife-3-6605.jpg

See it really is. He was so much closer than this picture makes it out to be

wildlife-4-6606.jpg

All the little lumps are prairie dogs. They were making all kinds of sounds to each other. I wanted to go sit quietly and wait for them to all come out, then snap the picture. Kaley and Omar were a little afraid they would bun nap me and that would be the end of my adventures! Crazy people.

Lastly as we were driving around we saw a sign that siad "Holy City." Well hm what could that be? So we went!
holy-city-6607.jpg

Apparently it is the site of the nations longest running Easter passion play. It was built to look like ancient Jerusalem and depict several scenes from the bible. Who knows what you'll find when randomly driving around?

That was it for Saturday! Today (Sun) I'm hoping to go to Toby Keith's bar and grill in his home town of Moore Oklahoma. Ears crossed!

What an exciting Saturday, Wendell! You're so lucky to have so many awesome experiences! Love the tiny horse and the picture of you on top of Mt Scott, I'm glad you didn't fall off :scared: Hope you had a good Sunday, too!

One more post before I head off to my next host. It's been a quiet couple of days. Kaley and Omar have had a lot to do but I'm all to happy to catch a siesta before my next adventure.

I napped with Booger
stuff-007-6659.jpg

I waited for dinner with Sam
stuff-006-6658.jpg

I helped groom Kai
thumb1_stuff-002-6657.jpg

I watched tv with Franklin
more-wendell-009-6661.jpg

Than Kaley got off of work early on Friday and the fun began! Almost. Franklin had to get his microchip so I went along for comfort.
lalalala-001-6653.jpg

Dr Black is so nice! She's the vet who took out Shya's eye as well.
lalalala-002-6654.jpg

Then we went to a favorite spot. The fish store! They have a tortoise there so of course we had to race.
more-wendell-012-6655.jpg

Victory lap!
more-wendell-013-6656.jpg

We than picked up Omar from work and I got to play with this.
wendell-and-gun-6660.jpg

Dont worry weapon cleared, no magazine, and on safe. I'm all about safety.

Last edited:
Speaking of safety. There are all sorts of funny signs on post. I took a few pictures to prove it.
funny-sign-1-6662.jpg

This one was my favorite! I am wearing what is called a PT belt. Kaley swears that while wearing it no harm can come to you. Sounds to good to be true.
funny-sign-2-6663.jpg

There was one that said Howitzer crossing but there was to much traffic (not to mention a howitzer or two!) to get a picture with it.

Saturday night however did not go so well......
arrested-wendell-2-6651.jpg

We just went out for a snack and that guy SWORE it was legitimate hay!

arrested-wendell-6652.jpg

Looks as though he´s been having a great time and he looks so cute and comfy with all the animals. Haha and eating dodgy hay, poor Wendell.

Omg I love it. You are so creative with the pictures. I love the tortoise and "hare" race :). And the cop. Too hysterical!
Looks like Wendell had a great trip with you!

"Can't hop a straight line, hmmm? Would you care to nibble into this tube, sir?"

I wonder what effect wonky hay would have on a breathalizer?

Oh my gosh, Wendell! I did not raise you to get into THAT kind of trouble, Mister! :D Sounds like you're having a great weekend though in spite of your run in with the law (tsk tsk!). You look a lot like Franklin. Maybe we should have a photo contest to determine which RO bunny looks the most like you?

Latest posts

Back