Well that was unexpected

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!! My Min Pin (Dog) didn't cost that much, here in Utah and she was spade.
My my bunny was already done when I got her. (A rescue bunny)
Xiao Wu was spayed when we got her. But that's only because the shelter spays and neuters all surrenders and strays. I'm trying to save up the money to get Shen neutered. Called all the vets that are rabbit savvy, the cost is still too high.

Xiao Wu was spayed when we got her. But that's only because the shelter spays and neuters all surrenders and strays. I'm trying to save up the money to get Shen neutered. Called all the vets that are rabbit savvy, the cost is still too high.
Sometimes I wonder if it really cost that much for pet care. Is there a Veterarian School near you? May be have your bunny neutered by a student? I do hope you can find some financial help.

Sometimes I wonder if it really cost that much for pet care. Is there a Veterarian School near you? May be have your bunny neutered by a student? I do hope you can find some financial help.
None that offer that kind of service. We have a diagnostic lab here, but the closest vet school for other things is many miles out of town. :/

We quickly learn that our pets will cost money. Yes, it's extremely beneficial to adopt from a rescue or shelter where the knowledgeable network of DVMs already sp/euter their surrendered buns and collaborate with rescues. Rescues collaborate to get their intakes fixed.

OTOH, we've taken in strays and several from places I don't even want to mention -- and we had to pay the cost for our expert DVMs to do surgical procedures. I hear the costs can vary greatly depending on where you live. It is super sad that not all DVMs choose to take the extra courses needed to be versed or skilled in rabbit care and procedures.

I hope you can keep saving. We go through thousands of dollars each year. When the street babies were born to the two abandoned females in 2006, I think each spay cost around 250-$300. The girl retrieved from the old-tech farm couple in 2015, living in a filthy wooden hutch with her brother, cost us $372 for spay surgery.

Latest posts

Back