Welcome to the Rabbitry!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rabbit may be pregnant im new to this if she is what can I use as a nesting box please and any advise regarding best foods she should be eating etc
Please start your own thread for this, so it can be seen more, answered easily, and it won't clutter up others threads.
I would answer you, but I honestly don't know.

She is due soon, it's crazy how fast time flies! I gave her the nest box last night, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly for my sweet baby ❤ She's most definitely showing signs of pregnancy: she has gained quite a bit of weight, has a very full belly, and is quite lethargic recently ;) Every time I put the next box in, I get nervous and excited because of the unknowns! Send good bunny vibes our way this weekend! 🙏 She is due the 29th - 3rd, I'm guessing babies will come on the 30th, but put the nest box in early just in case she kindles ahead of schedule. I will most definitely keep you all posted, the most important thing is that she has a healthy litter!

Also, an update on litter box training... I finally had the brainwave to block off the one area she was adamant on using, as it was impractical (literally right in front of the door). I blocked it off in a way so that she was most comfortable for her to go potty where I had placed the box. Sure enough, that did the trick! She is now almost 100% trained (just a few scattered poops), which is awesome especially with a litter due soon. Every rabbit is different and takes a different amount of time to adapt, I'm just so thankful she finally did.

Last edited:
Here's a picture of her last night right after I gave her the nesting box - She knew exactly what to do! I LOVE that hay-stashe... in the past, my best mama's always rearranged the nest to perfection like Willow is doing currently.
Screenshot_20201027-230303~2.png

She’s gonna have the prettiest babies! What a good momma 🍀
I think so, too!! This litter is extra special to me because I've never worked with / bred specifically for otters (or dilutes, really) so I'm pretty excited to see the outcomes 🥰 She is full show quality, too. Also, she's from a good friend of mine and from some pretty well-known breeders in the US so her pedigree is quite interesting!

She really is! She has beautiful coloring. Can’t wait to see the babies their going to be Beautiful 🍀

Willow had a healthy litter last night 💞 3 thriving, beautiful babies, and 1 little stillborn. We are so thankful for these tiny creatures, and we can't wait to watch them grow up to become wonderful pets! Momma Willow is also doing great, definitely enjoying all the attention + treats!

Latest posts

Back