Welcome to the Rabbitry!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
I am elated to announce our newest addition to our rabbitry... a beautiful lilac otter Holland Lop named Willow! She is proven and pedigreed, so I am hopeful she will improve our herd. She was bred a few days ago to a chocolate otter VM. It was hard to tell if she took, so as a backup, we paired her with an orange harlequin VC. Either way, we are excited for new babies!

Although Willow does not carry the Vienna gene, I'm hopeful for blue-eyed babies because both of the bucks carry it! For her last litter, she was paired with the orange harlequin mentioned earlier and produced a few creams and a gorgeous cream / blue harlequin. I will totally update this thread if / when she has babies...

Here is a few pictures I wanted to share to all my fellow rabbit lovers. I normally do not do posts about my new adult rabbits, but Willow is quite special as I have waited 2 months already to get her - I'm so thankful she's in my arms finally! Lilac otter is a rarer dilute color so I am excited to better the breed with her. She is show quality, and very tiny full grown (weighing in at around 2.5 lbs)! She is reserved and shy so far, but hopefully she will warm up to me soon enough 💕

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201004144431678_COVER~2.jpg00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20201004142335816_COVER~2.jpg

She is very pretty! I can't wait to see her babies!

Also, your camera quality is AMAZING! What kind of camera do you have?

I am elated to announce our newest addition to our rabbitry... a beautiful lilac otter Holland Lop named Willow! She is proven and pedigreed, so I am hopeful she will improve our herd. She was bred a few days ago to a chocolate otter VM. It was hard to tell if she took, so as a backup, we paired her with an orange harlequin VC. Either way, we are excited for new babies!

Although Willow does not carry the Vienna gene, I'm hopeful for blue-eyed babies because both of the bucks carry it! For her last litter, she was paired with the orange harlequin mentioned earlier and produced a few creams and a gorgeous cream / blue harlequin. I will totally update this thread if / when she has babies...

Here is a few pictures I wanted to share to all my fellow rabbit lovers. I normally do not do posts about my new adult rabbits, but Willow is quite special as I have waited 2 months already to get her - I'm so thankful she's in my arms finally! Lilac otter is a rarer dilute color so I am excited to better the breed with her. She is show quality, and very tiny full grown (weighing in at around 2.5 lbs)! She is reserved and shy so far, but hopefully she will warm up to me soon enough 💕

View attachment 50767View attachment 50768
Awe love her X
Can't wait to see her cute kits 🥰❤️

I palpated & am pretty sure I feel babies, but it's so hard to tell because I don't know her habits / moods / preferences yet since I haven't had her around long! She is sensitive around her belly area, and protective of her cage. She has gained almost 0.4 lbs. since breeding, so that is a good indication of babies.

Her litter habits... well... haven't really improved since I got her. I've tried everything, but she is still peeing everywhere (except her litter box of course). I'll keep working on it, I'm being patient as she is still adjusting to a bigger solid floor indoor cage with a litter box from a wire outdoor hutch from her old home. I've caught her doing a few binkies during outdoor playtime, yet she is still very shy and prefers not to be picked up. Apparently she is an amazing mother, so I'm excited to see what she can add to our small rabbitry! I have had some hardships recently and many expensive vet bills, so I am looking forward to something positive - new life always cheers us up ;)

As she hits the halfway (2-week) mark, the baby bump is growing! She is definitely fairly moody, she's lunged at me a few times while in her territory so that is a good sign. Her stomach is very firm / full feeling, and she is quite sensitive. Also, during her outdoor exercise time, she dug quite a few holes in the grass 🤷 A few of my past good mamas have done this, it's natural instinct to dig a burrow! I'm hopeful she's pregnant, lmk If you guys like these updates and I can do more. 😊

OK I will, glad you enjoy them! I am still unsure if she is actually pregnant, some does are harder to tell than others. Ones I've had for a while are easy, whereas I've only had Willow for a few weeks and still getting to know her. While I would be extremely disappointed if she wasn't pregnant, I'm not going to rush her or force her to do anything she doesn't want to. Maybe she just needs a longer break from having babies. Good things take time, right?!

Hoping for a healthy & happy litter just in time for Halloween 🤞 I already have names picked out just in case, but I won't spoil the surprise yet!!

Less than one week now until babies arrive (hopefully)... Willow is feeling very fat & full! Giving me all the right signs that she is carrying babies. When I palpated, I'm guessing she has 5 little ones inside of her - but we'll see, I'm not the best at it ;)

While we continue to wait until the 30th, here's a cute picture of momma Willow and one of her past babies at her old home I thought you guys might enjoy 💕
Screenshot_20200811-171708.png

Also, meant to update this thread with some more pictures I got of her recently!
PXL_20201019_235954426.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

Is it just me, or does her belly look like it's grown over these last few weeks??
PXL_20201019_235930444.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

She's also becoming a serious digger this last week or so (many of my other does have done this while pregnant)... she even escaped her playpen, but thankfully I was right there and she of course hopped right up to me 🙄 Scary feeling, though!
PXL_20201019_204807746.PORTRAIT-01.COVER~2.jpg

Also, as you guys can probably notice (especially from the last posted photo), her coat condition has improved so much since arriving at our rabbitry! I credit this to constant grooming, black oil sunflower seeds, and oats!

He is a beauty!
Also, this is kind of off topic, but what do the sunflower seeds, and oats do?

He is a beauty!
Also, this is kind of off topic, but what do the sunflower seeds, and oats do?
The BOSS help promote strong, shiny fur (but they can be caloric, so that's why I only give a few during molting). The oats can help their irregular poops, and prevent "stringy" poop I've found. These also have other benefits! Again, these are treats and limited amounts are given :)

Of course grooming is very important to prevent blockages! With just these three things, it's amazing to see the difference it can make.

Latest posts

Back