weirdly shaped bunny poop ??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnypop

Reaction score
i have 2 bunnies, both a little over a year old, and they've been pooping fine until today.

chubs wasn't pooping for a bit, but started to poop small mushy poops that were stuck together. he's been eating a lot of hay for the past hour and his poops look much better now.

beau has been pooping significantly smaller size poops. they're normal in texture and color, just really really small.

i felt their bellies to see if either one of them might be gassy, but i didn't feel any hardness or gassiness.

they're both still eating a lot, drinking water, peeing, moving around, jumping, and laying with their feet out. they're acting like they normally would, just the poops are off.

i usually just give them a lot of hay and romaine lettuce everyday with a small cup of pellets once or twice a week. today i gave them a chunk of celery each so could that have upset their stomachs ? i don't usually give them celery and i make sure to not overdo it with the pellets or fruits/veggies (twice a week max). i'm not sure if maybe the celery was old because we've had it for a while now, not sure how long.

they love hay and eat a lot of it. i put a lot out for them and they're both eating it and drinking water.

chubs' poops look normal now ! but beau's poops are still so small :-(

beau's poops have gotten bigger ! they look so much more normal now. i feel like i can finally relax for a moment. i'll still keep an eye on them and make sure that they're active and eating and that their poops look okay. they're both big eaters and absolutely love hay so it worried me that their poops weren't looking as healthy as they usually do.

chubs' poops are still looking good. they're not mushy and look as they usually do !

With them both showing signs of digestive upset, I would suspect it was either the celery or something else both of them ate. If it was the celery, don't feed anymore. Or if not the celery, figure out what and stop feeding it. Veg that has gone off, can definitely upset a rabbits stomach.

Then you'll just want to keep an eye on their eating, drinking, and pooping for the next few days, until it's back to normal. if it worsens and they stop eating or are barely eating for more than 12-24 hours, they need to be seen by a knowledgeable rabbit vet. Or if they develop bloat or true diarrhea(mushy or watery fecal poop, not just mushy cecals), vet immediately as those are emergency situations.

https://rabbit.org/gastrointestinal-stasis-the-silent-killer-2/
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back