Weird Twitching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundrakatiebean

Reaction score
I have recently noticed that when Wash is falling asleep his lips/cheeks, eyelidsand nose start twitching really fast and irregularly. It's not like how he chatters his teeth when he's falling asleep it's more exagerated and the fact that it's all in his head. He hasn't done this before that I've seen and I was a stay at home bunny mom for most of last year. Is this something to worry about? If I can I'll try to get a video of him doing it.

Carmel does the exact same thing but it's usually right after she's fallen asleep. It scared me to death and I posted on another forum about it and others said that they had some that did it too. I can't remember which forum so I can't find the link (sorry), but I believe that some were saying it was like our REM sleep.:?

The first time I saw Carmel do it (I'd had her for 4 years before I saw it!), I thought she was having a mild seizure but shechecked outok at the vet.

So that's all it was with Carmel, I hope it's the same with yours and nothing serious.:carrot

That would make sense, it looks like a muscle spasm. I didn't even consider a seizure because it was concentrated in his facial area.

Thanks for the response :)

lol when i first got Belle she did the samething and i nearly had a heart attack, and called my friend and asked if that was ok. i also called her when Belle flopped on her side to sleep because i thought rabbits slept while sitting i never knew they layed down, so when she flopped on her side i thought she dropped dead on me,lol. oh boy i have come a long way since then,lol.

my guys do that to, and especially Sooty i always assumed that it was just like when the dogs or cat do that whilethey are sleeping.

Latest posts

Back