Weird Litterbox Habits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milococo

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have two bunnies, one male holland lop and one female mini rex. They have a litter box in their big cage, but they won't use it!! They go to the bathroom in the corners of the cage. BUT when i let them out to roam around the room, I take that same litter box and put it in the corner. When it is there, they use it!! Whats going on?

Have you tried moving the litter box to the corner of the cage where they keep going to the Washroom.They may be telling you thats where they want it, if you haven't tried that yet.

Crystal

I have a similar problem, mine both pee in their little box but they poop everywhere!Every morning when I clean their cage, I find more poop on the first and second floor of their cage than I find in the actual litter box.Also, when I let them out for their 2 hours of exercise they poop every where constantly! I don't know how to keep them pooping in 1 place only... (wishful thinking maybe???)

Melissa

When they go outside the box, wipe it up with a paper towel and place it in the box. Pick up most of the poos and place them in the box as well, eventually they will get the idea.;) Sometimes it can take awhile. They'll get the idea eventually. You can also place multiple litter boxes in all corners if you have any sitting around. Move the box to the corner they go in most.

Also, try putting there food bowls next to the box, that way they can eat and use the box at the same time, as bunnies like to do. Have hay in the box as well. All of these things should help them to get the hint:).

Latest posts

Back