Weepy eye???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CuddlesMom

Reaction score
I have a mini lop he is about 7 weeks old nowhis oneeye its not running or draining but his fur lookscrusty......by his eye is this common in these rabbits ? I take a damptowel and wipe it....he did have a wet nose yesterday but that seems tobe gone he was also running around like mad yesterday any advise wouldbe great!! Also he has no sneezing.

How long has this been going on? Whatcolor is the mucuous? Are his pellets or hay dusty?How is his appetite?

Weepy eye can be caused by several different things. Loki hadweepy eye because his tear duct became clogged when he had an allergicreaction to dusty pellets. He usually only gets runny eyesfor a day or so after I fix the dust problem, but this went on for aweek.

But it could also be an eye infection. It's probably best tohave a vet check it out, especially since he's so young.Infections in baby rabbits can quickly become serious, so it's betterto be safe than sorry.

There's a lot of info in the Rabbit Health References thread here:
Runny Eyes

i cant even really say its runny its like crustyi looked in his eye this am and no discharge.....i wiped it with a damppaper towel...i use oxbow hay but am using care fresh witch is verydusty when you crumble it apart that maybe the problem i'll call my vetsee what he says as far as eating he has no problems with that ordrinking. Thanks

The crusty fur around the eye means that it isrunning. Loki's eye was similar, so I would clean his fur tosee if his eye was still runny. It kept crusting up again.:?

You can also check the front legs. Mucous will get rubbed off there when he washes his face.

Let us know what the vet says!:)

Has anyone else had this problem and was itserious i will take him to a vet i was just courious! He does have alil bit of white comming out of his eye but the eye is not red i'mgonna call the vet

Latest posts

Back