Weepy eye, what more can you do while waiting for vet time?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
Odin still have a weepy eye, it’s not a lot but he’s a bit more wet around his left eye. I have washed it with saline solution and gotten the stuck fur out. I cleaned his eye everyday since Sunday and yesterday I got OTC eye ointment that kills bacteria but not antibiotic. Have been used twice at the moment. I’ve used it before on my previous bunny but by advice from a vet. So I know it’s safe.

I called to 10 different vets and I could of gotten a time tomorrow but I had no way to find someone to take him to the vet and I couldn’t walk away from my job. So we have a time 2 weeks from now.

His eye isn’t swollen, not red, no signs of irritation, eating normal and eat a good amount of hay, still as active and his weepy eye isn’t as wet as before when the fur was in the eye.

As long as there isn't any inflammation or sticky white discharge, and there's no clouding of the cornea, I would think it should be fine until your vet appointment. It's when there's an active infection(sticky white discharge, inflammation) or damage to the eye(white clouding, corneal ulceration), and if this also affects a rabbits appetite, that it becomes more urgent.

@JBun his eye isn’t cloudy it looks shiny and normal. I’ll just keep on washing it every day while I’ll use the ointment for 4 more days. I’m just a person who don’t like waiting when something happens. Thanks for your reply ❤️

Latest posts

Back