Website Design

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikoli

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm very interested in website design and HTML and such, and I have designed a few websites of my own. Most of the designs are pretty terrible, but lately I've found a few styles that I seem to be good at. I always make websites to test out my new skills and to practice, but I never seem to use them. I thought that I should design a website or two for some other people, so I can practice and my designs can actually be put to good use.

Since it's the school holidays over here, I've got a good long time on my hands with which I could work on a few designs. I'll accept two or three requests, if anyones interested. However, I have a few terms to tell you before we get started.

• I must be allowed to have a free hand in the design. I'm really terrible at someone telling me exactly what they want, and then me making it look good. However, I will take some very general advice, such as I want a complex or simple design, or I want a generally blue theme, or I hate orange, or something like that.
  • I will not offer any sorts of website hosting.You can either keep your website on the free host I have designed it on, or I can give you a hand in moving it to your own website provider.
  • I will only design the websites in HTML, and on Freewebs. You may, however, move the design after it is finished.
  • Absolutely no inappropriate content. You know what I mean.
  • I refuse to use images that are not either taken by myself, my friends, yourself, your friends, or that you have permission to use.
  • You must provide the general content. I won't write huge chunks of information for your website. You can either give it to me beforehand, or I will leave a section in the HTML where it says TYPE HERE, or PARAGRAPH ONE, PARAGRAPH TWO etc.
  • I am in no way saying I am an amazing website designer and I'll give you an awesome website design first time around. I haven't had any training, taken any courses, and I taught myself. Mkay?
  • If you don't like the design, please please please please tell me, and I will either change it or make you a new one. If you absolutely hate it, just say to me "Rachel, you've given a good effort, but I don't like this design", and I won't be upset or get mad. :)
Would anyone actually be interested before I go on writing long forms to apply for one?

Oh yes, I have one example, it is probably my best work that I actually use, but I don't think it is the style that most people here are looking for. But just proving that I can actually design a website. http://www.freewebs.com/kyusion/Don't worry about the content, it's based around a game I play. I can do better, by the way, ifI put my mind to it. ;)

Rachel.

I didn't use photoshop, but I used another Graphics Maker which is on my other computer and I can't quite remember the name of. I was experimenting with a new style, but it seemed to work out.

Would anybody like one?

Rachel.

You sure can! I'm just trying to get a few people to register their intrest in it first, before I put up a form and get people to apply. If you're the only one that wants one, I'll still make one for you, though. ;)This isn't actually applying, just saying you might be interested.

Rachel.

Anyone?

Since this doesn't seem too popular, I might just make BunBuns' website and close this. If anyone is still interested, PM me, or post here, and I'll send you a form.

Rachel.

I've actually been wanting to make a Macey blog on freewebs or another website...and your website layout you made looks so cool! So I'm interested...if you are. ;)

I think I'd definantly be interested in taking you up on the offer. When you've got time will you get in touch with me about it? I have too work this evening so I may miss you if you get online but I am interested.

I'd actually love it, Rachel, if you could make a few pages for my current website? Just the layouts Freewebs have are boring and I'm not to the layout stage in my html coding yet, since I too, am teaching myself and so far i only know a few things. lol. You can pm me or email me.(preferabbly email since i can access it/reply to it on any computer, where as PMing Ihave just one computer to use, until my laptophas internet access. But i'll let you knowwhen it does, I'll figure it out today, hehe.

Emily

Hi,

Could you all PM/Email me with the following form?

YOUR E-MAIL:
WEBSITE TITLE:
WEBSITE PURPOSE:
THEME (rabbits, blue, penguins etc.):
NUMBER OF PAGES ON WEBSITE (and their names):
FRAMES OR NOT:
ANY COLOURS YOU LOVE:
ANY COLOURS YOU HATE:

STYLE (artistic or normal): Artistic is like the website I used as an example in my post, and normal is more just tables and a bit of writing - Artistic has more graphics.
ANY PREFERENCES:

OTHER:

As of yet, I haven't even started on BunBun's request, so I'm not sure how many I'll be able to get through, but feel free to apply. :) My email is [email protected], or PMing me is fine too. ;)

Rachel.

Latest posts

Back