Website Critique

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i really really like both of them a lot! I like how you state your stance on breeding clearly on the front page of your rescue page.

And i really really wish i lived closer because i would have probably adopted Bear myself!

I think it is neat that you are breeding, and rescuing. Doing your part on both sides of the fence,that is a great thing. :)

Emily & Amanda - I think y'all have changed your website since I saw it months and months ago. I like the new design - it looks far more professional and eye-appealing.

A question about your cages - you have some wooden ones with the doors being wire mesh or something - did you make those yourself? Buy them somewhere? I love those cages.

Good job!

Karlie,

I like the websites. It's neat you do a shelter program. How many holes do you devote to that? Do you have local agencies that know you're running a shelter...or is it more of a "word of mouth" that brings in your shelter buns?

My site is always a work in progress, but I did add more to it on the rainy Sunday we just had: http://www.MurphysLionsandLops.com

TinysMom wrote:
Emily & Amanda - I think y'all have changed your website since I saw it months and months ago. I like the new design - it looks far more professional and eye-appealing.

A question about your cages - you have some wooden ones with the doors being wire mesh or something - did you make those yourself? Buy them somewhere? I love those cages.

Good job!

Thanks Peg!! Yah I have switched web providers...wasn't getting what I wanted with freewebs, haha.

The hutches with mesh doors we did build ourselves (well our dad did, we just designed them). We've had those 2 hutches since the beginning and the floors are actually starting to rot away, and two have holes in them, so we're working on getting some new cages asap. Our plan for those hutches is to refloor them and then move them outside.

It didn't really cost us much to build those cages. We had all the plywood/siding because where my dad used to live, hisoldboss would dump scrap wood from house building. We just had to buy the mesh, whatever nails/screws we needed and whatever pieces of wood we didn't have. I think the total cost for the Double (one on top/one on bottom) was less than $35. The other one was about the same. It would be more if you didn't have the scrap wood, though. But much cheaper and larger than a petstore bought hutch ;)

Emily

murph72 wrote:
Karlie,

I like the websites. It's neat you do a shelter program. How many holes do you devote to that? Do you have local agencies that know you're running a shelter...or is it more of a "word of mouth" that brings in your shelter buns?

My site is always a work in progress, but I did add more to it on the rainy Sunday we just had: http://www.MurphysLionsandLops.com

Murph72, at the moment I am working on gettin new cages for that (10) and a small part of the barn made into a room for the shelter buns. But for now I just use whatever my show rabbits don't use. Its really just a word of mouth sort of shelter, I put flyers up on bullitien boards and ask to set out bizz cards on cashier desks. I am soon going to be calling all the animal shelters within 2hours of me to tell them that if they don't take rabbits or need help taking all the rabbits in to dirrect everyone over to me.

I like your website alot.

loppalove wrote:
i really really like both of them a lot! I like how you state your stance on breeding clearly on the front page of your rescue page.

And i really really wish i lived closer because i would have probably adopted Bear myself!

I think it is neat that you are breeding, and rescuing. Doing your part on both sides of the fence,that is a great thing. :)

Thanks! Its really fun and I like meeting all the new rabbits and getting to find them good homes! :]

Bear is really sweety, you would of been out of luck though as one of my friends has decided to get him :] I LOVE your English Lop in your picture! I wish I had one so bad!

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry - Could I get a link to your website host? I am thinking about switching as well as I do not like freewebs either.

Thanks,

Thanks Karlie. I'm just now learning how to do the site on my own. My hubby is really the computer-super-savvy one in the family. I married a hacker. :) We're hosting through Go Daddy...I'm wondering if it was the commercials that really turned him on to thathost. I told him Danika didn't come with the package we were purchasing. LOL The freewebs are easier to do, but he wanted something "professional looking." It's nice, but it has me looking at code that I'm just now figuring out.

I think it's cool what you're doing with the rescue buns. I don't know if there's much need for that in my area. We're pretty rural and people seem to easily be able to find homes for their bunnies. Luckily there aren't many people around with large reptiles either, so worrying about bunnies being taken as food isn't common in my general area. Now once you get outside of my area (over the mountain, to be exact) the clientele is a bit more shady. I personally screen those people harder than I do locals. It's good you charge for your buns...it's much safer to know they're going to a real home and not to be dinner.

Karlie wrote:
loppalove wrote:

Thanks! Its really fun and I like meeting all the new rabbits and getting to find them good homes! :]

Bear is really sweety, you would of been out of luck though as one of my friends has decided to get him :] I LOVE your English Lop in your picture! I wish I had one so bad!

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry - Could I get a link to your website host? I am thinking about switching as well as I do not like freewebs either.

Thanks,

i did mine through yahoo...it charged a fee, but it had layouts already, so no code mumbo jumbo...im not married to a computer guy, and im not one myself so it was a good choice for me...and for a small fee.

Check it out:

www.centraloregonenglishlops.com

:)

Karlie wrote:
loppalove wrote:

Thanks,

Karlie, my website host is www.000webhost.com I personally love it. Best I've used so far.

Emily

I love your site loppalove!

wooly_queen, are you a member of Hannah's Guild? I lost her url if you are, could you give it too me?
Thanks
Yours and DyemondRabbitry's websites are awsome as well!

Latest posts

Back